Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Catching a live game in the USA

Dec 15, 2014
Here
Finding myself in Miami for a few days late August and kinda curious to attend a big sporting event.

There are the Miami Dolphins and he Marlins for baseball. Will either be on in August and any recommendations.

Miami Marlins could be the worst baseball team in MLB. They recently fired their manager and put their general manager in his place. Dan Jennings, the former gm now turned manager, has had almost no experience as a manager a baseball team.

The Dolphins could be playing in their pre-season in August. They are generally an average team.

The Miami Heat won several championships in the National Basketball Association when Lebron James played for them. Since he has now moved on to his home town team of Cleveland the Heat are also generally average to poor. The NBA season runs from October to May.

By the way make sure you're ready for intense heat in August. I'm sure temperatures will be 100+ F = 38+ C.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Dolphins game will, as stated above, be pre-season and probably not very entertaining. Unlike 'soccer' the NFL pre-season is where they try players out who, if they can't cut it, are often never seen again. As a result you don't see the best players for much more than the first quarter.

Regular season baseball will probably be more enjoyable and, if you don't know much about either game, is easier to pick up a few basic rules around, and follow when you're watching it.

anygivensunday

Jul 5, 2012
Singapore
The Dolphins are playing one home preseason game in August on the 29th v the Falcons. Preseason games are generally terrible, regardless who's playing and often overpriced. As Dan says you'l see a lot of scrubs just trying to make the roster, though as it's the 3rd preseason game the starters might play a half.

Marlins have an eight-game homestand v the Phillies and Pirates from the 20th to the 27th August. I would personally chose a Marlins game, don't expect much atmosphere though, Marlins average 19,000 in a 36,000 capacity stadium.

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
Marlins Ballpark is insane/awesome (although usually pretty empty), well worth a visit in itself!

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Mate if you are only in Miami a few days don't bother wasting it watching their average sports teams. there are far better things to do.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
This was one of my favourite places in Miami.

http://vizcaya.org/

home-page-carousel-1-of-4.jpg

home-page-carousel-2-of-4.jpg

home-page-carousel-4-of-4.jpg

home-page-carousel-3-of-4.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here