Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can i send a letter recorded delivery to a PO box?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I seem to be getting conflicting advice on this. I need to send some important documentation through the post. Cheers

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
I seem to be getting conflicting advice on this. I need to send some important documentation through the post. Cheers

Yes you can, or at least you could. The Student Loan Company for example is a P.O. Box address and we have sent documents to them in the past via recorded delivery.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
My post office won't accept 'signed for' items it the address is a PO Box.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

From the FAQs on the PO Box page of the Royal Mail :

[h=4]What if mail has to be signed for?[/h] When you come in to collect your mail, you will find a ‘something for you‘ or ‘fee to pay’ card with your normal mail. If anything has to be signed or paid for you can do this before you leave the delivery office.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Personal PO Boxes and business PO Boxes differ in that a personal one is literally a box (or locker these days) and a business one is often just a sorting/batched delivery aid. I've sent registered mail to UK PO Boxes before and all have been delivered.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here