Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Prepare to be seriously underwhelmed . . .

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Ok ok, so it's ridiculously early days l know, but as another thread says, other Championship clubs are already doing good business.

All of this end of season talk about making sure we get in early and sign a plethora of exciting talent ready for the August kick-off, and yet already it seems that at least three of our potential targets are set to go elsewhere.

Spanish scoring sensation Sergi Enrich is already attracting interest from SEVEN Championship clubs, as well as other first division clubs in his homeland, Mikael Le Behan appears to want to stay in France, whereas Blackpool starlet Mark Waddington is set to sign for Stoke City.

Only three players amongst many that l'm sure we are looking at, but l've an uneasy feeling, that yet again, any business we do manage, will yet again be left until very late in the summer.

As Paddy Ashdown famously said, l'll eat Vince Cable's hat if l'm wrong.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Great new thread. Genuinely, really pleased that you didn't risk it going unnoticed by posting your thoughts in one of the three or four threads in the last two days saying exactly the same thing.

Depressingly you're not wrong,Albion as a club are now seen as laughing stock,common knowledge throughout the game that we are a club with zero interest in the playing side and all our board is interested in is building a property/ venue portfolio.The on pitch side of things is being run into the ground.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Ok ok, so it's ridiculously early days l know, but as another thread says, other Championship clubs are already doing good business.

All of this end of season talk about making sure we get in early and sign a plethora of exciting talent ready for the August kick-off, and yet already it seems that at least three of our potential targets are set to go elsewhere.

Spanish scoring sensation Sergi Enrich is already attracting interest from SEVEN Championship clubs, as well as other first division clubs in his homeland, Mikael Le Behan appears to want to stay in France, whereas Blackpool starlet Mark Waddington is set to sign for Stoke City.

Only three players amongst many that l'm sure we are looking at, but l've an uneasy feeling, that yet again, any business we do manage, will yet again be left until very late in the summer.

As Paddy Ashdown famously said, l'll eat Vince Cable's hat if l'm wrong.

Of the three you've mentioned, currently one has signed for Stoke and the other two could go either way. The season in England hasn't even fnished yet. Calm down lads and ladies!

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
"Albion as a club are now seen as a laughing stock" - who by exactly?

Depressingly you're not wrong,Albion as a club are now seen as laughing stock,common knowledge throughout the game that we are a club with zero interest in the playing side and all our board is interested in is building a property/ venue portfolio.The on pitch side of things is being run into the ground.

Where have you gathered this evidence from that we are seen as a laughing stock? Certainly not from the Watford and Bournemouth fans I was talking to before/after recent games; they were full of praise for our set-up and culture and wished-us well for getting it right on the pitch next season. And certainly not from the Arsenal fan I work with who has been down for the last 2 cup visits and is very impressed.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
We're Brighton fans, we've had years of experience at being underwhelmed. Don't worry, we'll still be here next season...

BUT occasionally we uncover the odd gem.

Who'd EVER heard of Johnny Byrne or Mickey Small when Barry Lloyd discovered them working at the JPS factory on his round the world "long fag" summer holiday??

Dick Knight invented Bobby Zamora in a laboratory in New York where he had an office you know!!

Ulloa was but a humble barista who'd left Argentina in search of coffee recognition when he was spotted doing keepy uppies with a coffee bean by Tony Bloom during the world chorizo eating championships. Our Tone was on the little Japanese fella for 5 large. Sadly said Jap couldn't stomach the paprika overload and was declared lame after the 53rd ramekin was put in front of him. Our Tone left 5 bigguns out of pocket with a growing dislike of Sushi but had found a man who destroyed those horrible oiks up the road, got him his 5 grandè back with interest and was the best karaoke signer this side Buenos Aires who was often found propping up the bar at Hartio's on the pier longing for someone to share his love of the Jive Bunny MEGA mix.

I've a good feeling about this season mate......I can see the Moldovan postman we've been keep tabs on coming good.

*disclaimer......some of the "facts" in the this post may or may not be true!

Where have you gathered this evidence from that we are seen as a laughing stock? Certainly not from the Watford and Bournemouth fans I was talking to before/after recent games; they were full of praise for our set-up and culture and wished-us well for getting it right on the pitch next season. And certainly not from the Arsenal fan I work with who has been down for the last 2 cup visits and is very impressed.

The evidence has been plain to see,ever since Barber strolled down village way,I'm glad Bournemouth and Watford like our setup off the pitch,I'm a big admirer of theirs on it.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Of the three you've mentioned, currently one has signed for Stoke and the other two could go either way.

One of our targets has signed for Premier League side Stoke..... how did that happen?

Why would anyone sign for a premier league side, over a team that finished 20th in the Championship?

Must be a failure from the board.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Perhaps because the three clubs those fans support have all had successful seasons, and they don't see us as any kind of threat. Thats why the can afford to be kind. They all also finished on the winning side at the the Amex.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Sooooo,

One player has lots of people after him, maybe we are one of them, but he hasn't made his mind up yet, what do we do kidnap his sister or something.

One player wants to stay in France, we are an English club, lets all move to France then.

One player has chosen to sign for a premier league club over a championship club, well der.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
All the time Patrick Friday Eze is still gettable, the Summer can be saved.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I don't think the club is shy of trying to sign the most talented players, It's actually getting them to come here that is the problem.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Mikael Le Behan appears to want to stay in France, whereas Blackpool starlet Mark Waddington is set to sign for Stoke City.

One wishes to stay in his native land and another signs for a mid-table premier team?! How have our recruitment team f*cked this one up?!

#Burkesreplacementout!

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
Any chance we can merge all these threads into one mega bed wetting thread and have done with it? This is getting very boring.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Agents usually advise their clients from signing for anyone much before the end of the window because that's when the offers start to get better. Tony Bloom (and his manager) will clearly want some recruits in place at the start of the season but given his background I'd predict that a fair amount of business will be done in August - chairman as well as agents can benefit from taking it to the wire.

BUT occasionally we uncover the odd gem.

Who'd EVER heard of Johnny Byrne or Mickey Small when Barry Lloyd discovered them working at the JPS factory on his round the world "long fag" summer holiday??

Dick Knight invented Bobby Zamora in a laboratory in New York where he had an office you know!!

Ulloa was but a humble barista who'd left Argentina in search of coffee recognition when he was spotted doing keepy uppies with a coffee bean by Tony Bloom during the world chorizo eating championships. Our Tone was on the little Japanese fella for 5 large. Sadly said Jap couldn't stomach the paprika overload and was declared lame after the 53rd ramekin was put in front of him. Our Tone left 5 bigguns out of pocket with a growing dislike of Sushi but had found a man who destroyed those horrible oiks up the road, got him his 5 grandè back with interest and was the best karaoke signer this side Buenos Aires who was often found propping up the bar at Hartio's on the pier longing for someone to share his love of the Jive Bunny MEGA mix.

I've a good feeling about this season mate......I can see the Moldovan postman we've been keep tabs on coming good.

*disclaimer......some of the "facts" in the this post may or may not be true!

Are you a Meade's Ball tribute act :)

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I think we should have a bedwetter/ licker option instead of thumbs on these threads. It seems that one is categorised as one or the other !

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Great new thread. Genuinely, really pleased that you didn't risk it going unnoticed by posting your thoughts in one of the three or four threads in the last two days saying exactly the same thing.

I particularly like the way he's actually mentioned another thread in which this could have gone, yet still gone ahead and created this one regardless. It shows a real commitment to the importance of one's views that I feel is sadly lacking online these days

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here