Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reported for foul language by someone watching on the box

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
WTF???
Christ players swear all the time live on TV and get away with it....Yet some northern tit got offended and rang in his complaint.Its all getting bloody stupid and he misses the playoff final unreal.Naturally the bloke thought he was making racist remarks in which it seems wasn't the case or not proved.

So if you see someone swearing while sitting at home then don't hesitate to pick the phone up:annoyed:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-32825676

Apologise if it's been posted on here

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
At this rate all fans will be like managers and others on the bench and talking or shouting behind a hand in front of their mouths to stop this occurring.

Personally I would have preferred the Police to visit the TV viewer and charged him with wasting Police time, and removing his TV for a season.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
If the cameras had been on our lot in East Upper this season :eek:
The 'Old Fella' next to me is Shirley going to get a :ban: next season :lol:

Last edited:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Read this. Typifies English crowd control now, something i was talking about to a Danish fan recently. He couldn't believe the similar TV racist report the Albion were investigated over a couple seasons ago.

And people wonder why football is so devoid of atmosphere - but then, we get what we are and in the main English fans are passive well paid (because you had to be!) law abiding reserved types who are three generations passed any sort of militancy! We do what we're told and don't those in authority know it!

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
I better ban myself for next season.

When is this going to stop?

I feel for that lad. Not allowed to go to the play off final. Ridiculous.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Does anyone remember when we played Liverpool. Someone complained about Bellamy being called a :sheep:
Now, I was in the West Stand that evening and vaguely:wink: remember shouting this:blush:
I also clapped Gerrard as he warmed up---bad fan:moo:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
WTF???
Christ players swear all the time live on TV and get away with it.

What would happen if someone reported a player? Would he receive a ban? Law is about precedents, a precedent has been set in place. We can't have two sets of laws running alongside one another can we?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Does anyone remember when we played Liverpool. Someone complained about Bellamy being called a :sheep:
Now, I was in the West Stand that evening and vaguely:wink: remember shouting this:blush:
I also clapped Gerrard as he warmed up---bad fan:moo:

Except the chant they really reported was actually the "Sea, Sea, Seasiders" one - one of the problems with people who dont actually know anything about the club and chants doing this.

Where would this stop ? What is stopping me watching Chelsea vs Sunderland this weekend and calling the police to say that I've heard someone shout racist abuse ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here