Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The fatboy slim collection

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I think I will finally make the effort to see him at Glastonbury this year, seen him a few times in the past.

Cannot knock the bloke. Huge poster on the side of the Albion hotel.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I think I will finally make the effort to see him at Glastonbury this year, seen him a few times in the past.

Cannot knock the bloke. Huge poster on the side of the Albion hotel.

I saw him play the Summer closing party at Space in Ibiza and it was so good SO good - do you know when and where is playing at Glastonbury?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I saw him play the Summer closing party at Space in Ibiza and it was so good SO good - do you know when and where is playing at Glastonbury?

No not yet, apparently it is his 15th consecutive Glastonbury, he loves the place. Although his theme this year is something to do with Smileys, I still have the flag they gave out when they announced his AMEX Gig so I will be taking that along.

As for announcements I 'm sure it will be on twitter, if not look out for other names he performs unders, such as drunk soul brother etc.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No not yet, apparently it is his 15th consecutive Glastonbury, he loves the place. Although his theme this year is something to do with Smileys, I still have the flag they gave out when they announced his AMEX Gig so I will be taking that along.

As for announcements I 'm sure it will be on twitter, if not look out for other names he performs unders, such as drunk soul brother etc.

I went to one of his secret Glasto gigs a few years ago. Was great fun especially as the missus had no idea as he strung out from behind a door, arms out wide, as Praise You fired up. She turned to me and said "that's Norman Cook". You can see why I married her.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I went to one of his secret Glasto gigs a few years ago. Was great fun especially as the missus had no idea as he strung out from behind a door, arms out wide, as Praise You fired up. She turned to me and said "that's Norman Cook". You can see why I married her.

What a girl!

How did you find out about it at the time?

I only ever seem to stumble across suprise guests, Walked into a chase and status set and did something fairly similar to your wife to be fair. Oh its chase and status! to be fair it was dead however it soon filled up.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What a girl!

I only ever seem to stumble across suprise guests, Walked into a chase and status set and did something fairly similar to your wife to be fair. Oh its chase and status! to be fair it was dead however it soon filled up.

He Tweeted or Facebooked his slots. I can't remember which but it was definitely via social media and from his account.

Was this a Chase and Status late nighter in that Arcadia spider thing? And Skrillex turned up and did a short 30 minutes secret set within their secret set?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What a girl!

Also chap on here told me about a secret Radiohead/Thom Yorke gig....as his mate was working with them at the time.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
He Tweeted or Facebooked his slots. I can't remember which but it was definitely via social media and from his account.

Was this a Chase and Status late nighter in that Arcadia spider thing? And Skrillex turned up and did a short 30 minutes secret set within their secret set?

No this was at by the blues area. It was completely unexpected.

I also saw Bruce Springsteen on the JP before his headline set. although I kind of wished I hadnt.

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
He was brilliant at SW4 a few years ago but pretty average at Glastonbury last year. Will be hoping for another good set at SW4 this year, although we are all there for Faithless!

Decent bloke to party with though...

uploadfromtaptalk1432223932173.jpguploadfromtaptalk1432223946221.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Is it just me who thinks FBS shouldn't be ALLOWED to make albums? Be surprised if more than a third of those 59 tunes is listenable. Can discount anything from the Palookaville album or the Brighton Port Authority STRAIGHT off. For example, like.

It's a compilation, with a few go of his tracks thrown in for good measure. I know virtually all the tunes and they're all good....but back in day. But yeah, Palookaville was a very poor offering.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ah, right cheers.

Palookaville - very poor album, very excellent Albion shirt.

No problem. 59 tunes of his recent output would be quite a testing affair.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here