Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**Pre Season Enfield v Brighton and Hove Albion, Donkey Lane, 21-07-15**

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
This could be fixtures, fixtures, but Enfield Fc showing a pre season friendly against us in July, same week as the Crawley game.

I work up here quite a bit, its a great ground (although has a running track around it) with a really nice art deco Cafe as a club house. Two little covered ends that make a good noise.

I know a lot of people around the area have spotted Chris Houghton around (last sighting Tescos Cheshunt) so he may still live and have connections around here. Lewes beat Enfield in a great game the other week, I imagine it may be for a B team or U21.

Enfield have been treated appallingly reasonably by being handed a 3 point deduction meaning that they have been thrown out the Ryman premier playoffs and Lewes have been supporting a campaign in that league to put pressure on the FA over a ridiculous decision.

http://www.enfieldtownfootballclub.co.uk/news/town-fans-to-support-lewes-in-cup-final-1429230.html

Attachments

• Enfield FC .jpg
    Enfield FC .jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 1,534

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
A pre season friendly fixture for the DS ?

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I'll certainly be there. Some may remember that Enfield Town were a club that was formed by the fans in the late 90s to break away from the mess that the owners had made of Enfield FC. Southbury Rd the old Enfield ground is now a leisure complex.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Hmm, less than half an hour from my office. Might give it a go if an evening ko.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I was born in Enfield and in the late 70s and throughout the 80s they were one of the most consistent non-league sides in the country. Had automatic promotion existed from non-league football back then they'd have no doubt entered the Football League.

Cracking club until they were ruined by their own version of Bill Archer - Tony Lazarou. He sold the ground and trousered the money, they were left homeless and were eventually liquidated.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
I'll certainly be there. Some may remember that Enfield Town were a club that was formed by the fans in the late 90s to break away from the mess that the owners had made of Enfield FC. Southbury Rd the old Enfield ground is now a leisure complex.
Southbury Road was a cracking ground.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Lots of the original fans still go, loads of people I work with went to the old ground and are still bitter about the ground being sold.

They have now been chucked out of the county cup final as well by the FA, who have really cocked up and then punished Enfield twice for their (the FA) mistake.

Plenty of free parking and its a bit of a trek from Southbury or Enfield train station (from Severn Sisters tube) but plenty of buses run out there if you have a travel card

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/may/12/enfield-town-play-off-points-deduction-lose-appeal

It has a great club house and you can drink beer and smoke in the stands

Attachments

• Enfield .jpg
    Enfield .jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 1,487

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Lots of the original fans still go, loads of people I work with went to the old ground and are still bitter about the ground being sold.

They have now been chucked out of the county cup final as well by the FA, who have really cocked up and then punished Enfield twice for their (the FA) mistake.

Plenty of free parking and its a bit of a trek from Southbury or Enfield train station (from Severn Sisters tube) but plenty of buses run out there if you have a travel card

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/may/12/enfield-town-play-off-points-deduction-lose-appeal

Brilliant stand, even better terrace. It's a shame I can't make this one, but I will visit there one day.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008

Fantastic Art Deco.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's probably part of the deal to lure our main transfer target away from the bigger club.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Does anyone know whether this game is going ahead? It's on the Enfield Town website but not on the Seagulls website, and it's scheduled to be played Tues 21 Jul @ 19.45 k/o so the day before the Crawley friendly.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I imagine it may have to be an 'ask the club' as the thread on their at present takes you to a link that does not mention it.

I am sure Enfield Town would not put it up unless it was agreed by the clubs.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here