Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FA Cup: BBC to bring back all-day coverage of final for 2015

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
The BBC has announced it will devote a whole day of programming to the 2015 FA Cup final, reviving the tradition of all-day coverage of the Wembley showpiece.

The match on Saturday 30 May sees defending champions Arsenal take on Aston Villa live on BBC One.

Highlights of the TV build-up to the big game include special editions of Saturday Kitchen and TOTP 2.

There will also be special content on*Radio 5 live*and the*BBC Sport website.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Excellent news. I might even take the day off from cricket to re-live part of my childhood with Moshe Jnr.

Won't be the same without being able to flick over to Saint & Greavsie though...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I saw them mention this on MOTD the other night...

•FA Cup Rewind: Classic Finals (08:30-09:30, BBC Two)
•MOTD Kickabout (09:30-10:00, BBC Two)
•FA Cup 50 Greatest Moments (10:00-12:00, BBC Two)
•Football Focus (12:10-13:00, BBC One)
•Gary Lineker on the Road to FA Cup Glory (BBC One, 13:00-14:00)
•FA Cup TOTP 2 (14:05-14:30, BBC One)
•Pointless FA Cup Special (14:30-15:20, BBC One)
•The Road to Wembley (15:25-15:55, BBC One)
•MOTD LIVE: FA Cup Final Build Up (15:55-17:15, BBC One)
•MOTD LIVE: Arsenal v Aston Villa (17:15-19:50, BBC One)

Great stuff. I'm VERY tempted to fully indulge in an all-dayer, although there's a good chance I will be in BITS by the time the game kicks off.

That or asleep.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Always remember the shot of Gordon McQueen and (Jimmy Nicholl?) in bed aswell as filming Brian Robson shaving. God, we need to get back to cutting edge TV.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
They don't appear to have scheduled the teams' coach journey from their country house hotels to Wembley - accompanied by a BBC reporter interviewing the players. That was always the best bit. Mind you probably a bit pointless these days, given that it will just be a bunch of Carlos Kickaballs wearing oversize headphones updating their Twitter feeds.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Is Ken Bailey still alive? Will there be songsheets?Have the Grenadier Guards been disbanded? The magic of the Cup. Hmm. Isn't it?

ron-manager.jpg

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As its only on BCC they will not be showing Jackie Pallo v Micck McManus then. mind they must be very old now if they are still both alive.

Just checked wiki and it says Jackie Pallo died in 2006 and Mick McManus in 2013.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Pretty sure I'm at a mate's with a group of friends for an all day bbq / drinking thing. The same mate who got me in all kinds of trouble with my Mrs following a day in the 1901 for the Brentford game and later managed to start a game of human dominoes celebrating our second against Leeds. As with Easy 10 this has CARNAGE written all over it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here