Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CHRIS RAMSEY has been appointed QPR boss on a three-year deal.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Can almost guarantee that he won't see the contract through! Bound to be sacked if they don't go straight back up.

I disagree. Now that Les Ferdinand is director of football I think there's a chance that sanity has been restored there. Giving Ramsey the job is evidence of that.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
All we need now is Newcastle to go down and then offer Carver a 10 year deal. Chris Ramsey might end up being a good manager. With Charlie Austin destined to leave in the not too distant future I can't see QPR troubling the top 6 next season. Burnley on the other hand...

QPR's failure this season lies squarely at Harry Redknapp's door. If Sunderland get relegated I assume Poyet will be doing a Redknapp by distancing himself from any blame to any media outlet that will give him the time of day.

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Good to see another ex-Brighton player as a permanent manager. What with Dean Saunders going to Chesterfield in the past week, I make it we now have five ex-players as managers. I wonder how long it will be before Danny Wilson is back somewhere

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Why give the bloke who has just got them relegated, with little experience, a 3 year deal?

Either they will not go up and he will be sacked, or they will go up and struggle back in the prem and he'll be sacked.

One way or the other they will be paying out on 2 years of that deal.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
I give him six months. Seems like a nice enough guy, but unfortunately there are just some people who don't seem from the exterior to have the character to manage and control multi millionaire footballers. Chris Ramsay is one of those. Sami also being a prime example.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Why give the bloke who has just got them relegated, with little experience, a 3 year deal?

Either they will not go up and he will be sacked, or they will go up and struggle back in the prem and he'll be sacked.

Replace Chris Ramsey's name with Harry Redknapp.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Rubbish, this mess is well and truly down to Redknapp.

Ramsey is a good coach and I will be interested to see how he does.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
I didn't say it wasn't, just surprised they have given him 3 years, when he will likely do a year at most and they will be paying off yet another manager.

I think it's a step in the right direction. Appoint someone you trust and the players respect for a long term and give them a change at regrouping.

I also suspect the list of mediocre expensive managers out of a job is not so appealing, and there's absolutely no sense in giving a manger you trust only 1 year on his contract, as that's absolutely no time scale to rebuild.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I can't see this working out well. I like Ramsey but he seems too nice. I don't expect Rangers to contend at the top of the Championship next season, I reckon they'll be in that second quarter of the table. They could be the new Ipswich.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I didn't say it wasn't, just surprised they have given him 3 years, when he will likely do a year at most and they will be paying off yet another manager.
Have you seen his contract? It's quite possible that if certain criteria is not met he might be sacked for nought, or at least very little compo.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
They were lucky to bounce straight back last time. Take away the likes of Austin, Zamora and Fer and they haven't got much going on. Redknapp brought in a hell of a lot of dross during his tenure. Wouldn't be surprised if they are back plying their trade in League 1 in the not too distant future.

Will be interesting to see if the likes of Caulker and Fer are snapped up by Premier League clubs. Two relegations in a row on their CV's.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Great News

Ramsey was my favourite player in the FA Cup squad/years - he sweated blood for the team, we could do with a few like him now.

Good luck to him.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Good luck to him - will be interested to see how he does... Anyone remember the Chris Ramsey Appreciation Society (CRAS)? Bit of a cult hero back in the day to anyone who remembers the 83 cup run (Norman Whiteside is a ****).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here