Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UFO over Lewes

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I'm not a nutter, I do not/did not believe in UFO's. But driving home Monday 18th May at 19:14, leaving the A27 heading towards the Culfail tunnel in Lewes I saw an object in the sky. It was not moving at all just seemed to hover. Size and distance unknown, initially I thought it was a helicopter hovering over Sussex Police HQ. But looking harder it seemed a lot closer. Silver metal object shining in the sun. Sky was clear. My Wife sat next to me also saw it. So we both agreed it was there but could not work out what it was. Then suddenly it was gone. Just gone. No longer there. Vanished.
It was not a weather balloon, a bird or a plane.
I've no doubt NSC will take the mickey out of me for the rest of the day, but we both saw something in the sky that just vanished.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
How do you know it was not a weather balloon? One minute you thought it was a helicopter, the next you know clearly what it wasn't.

It was probably a weather balloon. If not, what do you think it was?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'm not a nutter, I do not/did not believe in UFO's. But driving home Monday 18th May at 19:14, leaving the A27 heading towards the Culfail tunnel in Lewes I saw an object in the sky. It was not moving at all just seemed to hover. Size and distance unknown, initially I thought it was a helicopter hovering over Sussex Police HQ. But looking harder it seemed a lot closer. Silver metal object shining in the sun. Sky was clear. My Wife sat next to me also saw it. So we both agreed it was there but could not work out what it was. Then suddenly it was gone. Just gone. No longer there. Vanished.
It was not a weather balloon, a bird or a plane.
I've no doubt NSC will take the mickey out of me for the rest of the day, but we both saw something in the sky that just vanished.

So, just to check, you were driving towards the Culfail Tunnel from the East, alongside the river?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
How do you know it was not a weather balloon? One minute you thought it was a helicopter, the next you know clearly what it wasn't.

It was probably a weather balloon. If not, what do you think it was?

I've no idea what it was. Initially thought helicopter as it looked like one. Correct shape. But it just vanished.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I've no idea what it was. Initially thought helicopter as it looked like one. Correct shape. But it just vanished.

Did it literally vanish as you watched it, or did you look away, look back and it was gone? It could simply have dropped out of sight whilst you weren't watching - landed maybe?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
That'll be the taxi for Norman Baker.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Always intriguing to see this things but I'm sure there's a perfectly rational explanation.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I believe the story. When I was a paperboy in Seaford, I saw something similar. It was fairly low and shaped as you describe. It was a small craft of some sort.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Likewise about 30 years ago, saw something very similar to OP's description over Chanctonbury Ring. The whole family saw it shimmer and then disappear completely.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
So, just to check, you were driving towards the Culfail Tunnel from the East, alongside the river?

Correct.
I'd be the first to shout 'rubbish' if some fool put this on NSC. I know it was not aliens but we were watching it and suddenly it was not there. Apologies to the car behind as I had to slow right down as we both scanned the skies.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Correct.
I'd be the first to shout 'rubbish' if some fool put this on NSC. I know it was not aliens but we were watching it and suddenly it was not there. Apologies to the car behind as I had to slow right down as we both scanned the skies.

image.jpg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here