Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UEFA cave in on FFP

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Rules to be relaxed after ten clubs employ lawyers to claim FFP discriminates against them. Clubs rumoured to include Manchester City.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Now theres a shock ! Ans another shock , QPR will get off Scott Free .

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Now theres a shock ! Ans another shock , QPR will get off Scott Free .

Think that is very likely and will damage the image of football for me, it will leave a very sour taste as the rich look after themselves just like in big business which is exactly what the big clubs are I guess.

I think that might very well turn a passion into a meh, what feckin chance have you got for me.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
FFP will never work because those who don't want to stick to it will always employ the lawyers.

Best that it is binned for everybody to make things fair.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
FFP will never work because those who don't want to stick to it will always employ the lawyers.

Best that it is binned for everybody to make things fair.

Won't someone think about the lawyers?

Range Rovers don't pay for themselves you know.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I can never understand what lawyers can do. The football governing bodies are autonomous and their members make the rules if you dont like the rules either dont join the club or campagin to get them changed at the first opportunity by calling an EGM, but do not break them whilst they are in force. This is the answer the courts should give to rhe lawyers.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Clubs wont go bust with rich owners prepared to pay any shortfall, as happened with QPR and their £60m. The rich clubs will get richer and win everything and leave the poor clubs behind even more so than now.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Telling millionaires / billionaires what they can and can't do with their own money was never going to work.
How predictable - as soon as the arabs start kicking off, Platini backtracks, and starts folding faster than Superman on laundry day. FFP being "eased" is just the exit strategy towards being "scrapped completely", without losing too much face.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Article here http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32784375
I'm just getting fed up with it all now. Interesting show on BBC 5Live about Blackburn and Alan Shearer was asked if a small team could beat the big clubs to which he replied 'No, simply because Jack Walker put all his money in and that cant be done now with FFP'.
I think QPR getting let off will put an end to my support of this game, until a new season starts.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
If I rich man wants to give money to his favourite football team, I don't see any problem with it.

It's clubs taking out loans they cannot afford to service which should be cracked down on.

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
I know let's have a system whereby if you overspend by say £50 million, you will be fined another £50 million.

STUPID!

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
I cant help thinking that it was never going to work. Platinni was a big supporter of FFP then PSG became rich over night and he hasnt been so keen on the matter since then.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
It will be a FREE for all again, all FIFA and the FA have to say if you go bust, in administration or whatever you can't form a club in the same league you start again at the bottom of the pyramid

It's a pity this wasn't in place when Palace went bust....twice.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Think that is very likely and will damage the image of football for me, it will leave a very sour taste as the rich look after themselves just like in big business which is exactly what the big clubs are I guess.

I think that might very well turn a passion into a meh, what feckin chance have you got for me.

It's already a 'meh' for me. I'm sick of the whole thing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here