Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hunting ban 'set to be repealed'

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...ith-early-commons-vote-expected-10254419.html

I keep reading quotes like "failed from the start", "poorly conceived", "never going to work", "had no impact on animal welfare". But no concrete reasoning or stats behind these remarks.

Why is the hunting ban such a bad idea? What good will reversing it do?.. or is it just posh MPs doing their posh mates some favours so they can keep their treasured "way of life" in tact?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Cameron is going to turn the country into a playground for his chums basically while the rest of us live our lives in a penniless Hellscape populated by White Dee and the ***** off of Gogglebox while Cameron orders crates of Moet and threatens to hand us over to the man who told architects to "design the homeless out of London".

You wanted a referendum on the EU, you got the scrapping of the human rights act and fox hunting back.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Cameron is going to turn the country into a playground for his chums basically while the rest of us live our lives in a penniless Hellscape populated by White Dee and the ***** off of Gogglebox while Cameron orders crates of Moet and threatens to hand us over to the man who told architects to "design the homeless out of London".

You wanted a referendum on the EU, you got the scrapping of the human rights act and fox hunting back.

Moet? Cheap, nasty stuff. Krug, at least.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Irrespective of the rights and wrongs here (full disclosure, I support the legislation as much for the ban on hunting with hounds as well as the activity that stops Hare coursing) you have yo question if this is really the right priority for a new government

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Irrespective of the rights and wrongs here (full disclosure, I support the legislation as much for the bam on hunting with hounds as well as the activity thay stops Hare coursing) you have yo question if this is really the right priority for a new government

I guess it depends what your priorities are?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
You couldn't make it up.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Something like 80% of the public (RSPCA figures) support the ban. In a free vote, there will be plenty of Tories vote to keep the ban in place.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Perhaps if it is repealed and hunting allowed that will reduce the number of foxes walking the streets with impunity like dogs. Perhaps there should be a better way of culling them than dogs though.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If you actively gain pleasure from watching an animal die, you have severe, severe psychological problems.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Quite a number of children have been savaged by foxes walking into a house in recent years. I would sooner save the children than the foxes.

Maybe we could collect all the foxes and slowly torture them to death to save the children?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here