Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dev Squad Vs Aston Villa (A) - 7pm tonight

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Playing at Villa Park which will be a decent experience for them.

Walton & Tilley play, Akindayini back in the squad:

ALBION (probable squad): Walton (GK), Hunt, Starkey, Rea, Dallison, White, Ward, Hutchinson, Deen, Tilley, Harris, Akindayini, Doherty (GK), Davis, Muitt, Barnett.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
How can villa show the game on avtv and do a separate audio feed, but we can't? I thought there was an issue with sky TV rights?

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
2014-15 Under-21 Premier League Division 2 Final Standings

Position Team P W D L F A D Pts
1 Middlesbrough U21 22 16 2 4 39 23 +16 50
2 Reading U21 22 13 2 7 38 30 +8 41
3 Derby County U21 22 12 4 6 39 20 +19 40
4 West Bromwich … 22 10 7 5 37 27 +10 37
5 Arsenal U21 22 11 4 7 38 25 +13 37
6 Newcastle Unit… 22 9 5 8 43 39 +4 32
7 Aston Villa U21 22 8 3 11 25 36 -11 27
8 Brighton & Hov… 22 6 5 11 19 23 -4 23
9 Bolton Wandere… 22 5 8 9 26 33 -7 23
10 Blackburn Rove… 22 5 6 11 23 31 -8 21
11 Stoke City U21 22 4 6 12 23 50 -27 18
12 Wolverhampton U21 22 3 8 11 24 37 -13 17

Source: Soccerway.com

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Sounds like Christian Walton had a great game

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
I went to the game tonight and i can say i was very impressed. The first thing worth noting was that we had an incredibly inexperienced team out against a very experienced Villa team, which included numerous players who have played for the first team as well as several who have had first team experience.

It was a really good game of football, quite open and expansive on a big pitch. Villa shut the backline off very quickly which caused several bad errors when passing out from the back. Walton made some brilliant saves in goal and looked in general very commanding. His kicking could have been a bit better as he sliced a few out of play, however he did play an absolutely superb through ball to Muitt late on where we almost scored. Dallison was brilliant, i can see him in/around the first team next season. Also a big mention to young Ben White next to him who looked very comfortable at the back. Charlie Harris impressed me yet again. Played out on the left hand side (not his best position) but his vision was brilliant and i always felt something was going to come through him. Joe Ward, the lad on trial from Chelmsford, looked quite good....he just seemed very nervous. Several times he would take a negative touch and not try to take on his marker. Definitely something about him though, but he certainly needs to fill out. Then there is James Tilley, he looked absolutely superb and not phased about playing against Villa at Villa park. A real bright spark for the U21s and never stopped working hard. My moment of the game where he picked the ball up, completely bamboozled our old friend Gary Gardner, nut megged him, span away and it took Gardner a second or two to realise where he'd gone! Akindayini looked good when he came on too, i'm happy we've signed him. We looked a tad toothless upfront until he came on. Big, powerful, quick and a good football brain with some of the runs he made. Unlucky not to score with a powerful header late on. I said on the other thread about him, keep an eye on his development!

Overall very impressive for the young U21 team. I can see several of those boys being given the chance in the first team.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I went to the game tonight and i can say i was very impressed. The first thing worth noting was that we had an incredibly inexperienced team out against a very experienced Villa team, which included numerous players who have played for the first team as well as several who have had first team experience.

It was a really good game of football, quite open and expansive on a big pitch. Villa shut the backline off very quickly which caused several bad errors when passing out from the back. Walton made some brilliant saves in goal and looked in general very commanding. His kicking could have been a bit better as he sliced a few out of play, however he did play an absolutely superb through ball to Muitt late on where we almost scored. Dallison was brilliant, i can see him in/around the first team next season. Also a big mention to young Ben White next to him who looked very comfortable at the back. Charlie Harris impressed me yet again. Played out on the left hand side (not his best position) but his vision was brilliant and i always felt something was going to come through him. Joe Ward, the lad on trial from Chelmsford, looked quite good....he just seemed very nervous. Several times he would take a negative touch and not try to take on his marker. Definitely something about him though, but he certainly needs to fill out. Then there is James Tilley, he looked absolutely superb and not phased about playing against Villa at Villa park. A real bright spark for the U21s and never stopped working hard. My moment of the game where he picked the ball up, completely bamboozled our old friend Gary Gardner, nut megged him, span away and it took Gardner a second or two to realise where he'd gone! Akindayini looked good when he came on too, i'm happy we've signed him. We looked a tad toothless upfront until he came on. Big, powerful, quick and a good football brain with some of the runs he made. Unlucky not to score with a powerful header late on. I said on the other thread about him, keep an eye on his development!

Overall very impressive for the young U21 team. I can see several of those boys being given the chance in the first team.

Great report - thanks for posting.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Thanks Telford. Sounds similar to their last game which i watched. Dallison is the one to watch for me but he lets himself down with silly red cards.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here