Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glen Rea

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Haven't had the chance to see the 21s much this season. Those of you who have, any insight into whether you think he can make the step up to the first team squad on a more regular basis next season?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I've not seen him, but I'd hope with ageing CB's we look to build him part of the first team if he can make the step up, much like Elphick, Cook & Dunk have done. That said would like to see us sign a good mid-20's established CB to bridge that gap

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I've not seen him, but I'd hope with ageing CB's we look to build him part of the first team if he can make the step up, much like Elphick, Cook & Dunk have done. That said would like to see us sign a good mid-20's established CB to bridge that gap

He's spent more of the past season playing as a holding midfielder rather than a centre back. Maybe like Ince he's considered a better prospect in midfield than defence.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
He seems to have been converted into a defensive midfielder. I reckon, though, he'd have more chance of a senior squad place as a central defender, as there looks to be more of a vacancy there..

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Shows how much I know then :)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He seems to have been converted into a defensive midfielder. I reckon, though, he'd have more chance of a senior squad place as a central defender, as there looks to be more of a vacancy there..
Sod's law, isn't it - a few years ago we had a couple of young defenders (you know who) coming through, with no vacancy so the moved on, and now we've possibly got a defensive midfielder coming through ............ with no obvious vacancy!

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Are we not currently in the 'Possibly the Greatest Albion Player' ever, stage of his development.

Or, has NSC decided to start booing him now in order to save a lot of time and effort.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Good player at U21 level, impressed with his desire more than anything, have his colleagues a rollicking for not tracking back.

Last time I saw him he dived in a little too much, which eventually resulted in a booking.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
We'll sell him to Bournemouth for a bag of pork scratchings and he'll be mustard.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Having said about him now being a defensive midfielder, is he playing in central defence again tonight at Villa ? ???

( I can't tell from the line up, as not sure where some of the players listed play)

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
Good player at U21 level, impressed with his desire more than anything, have his colleagues a rollicking for not tracking back.

Last time I saw him he dived in a little too much, which eventually resulted in a booking.

About right, I like the lad as he appears to be a natural leader, very vocal, takes responsibility, demands the ball in tight areas and leads by example.
Fingers crossed.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
My concern is that when I last saw him his hair was the sort a lady in the 80s called Debbie would have.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here