Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Took picture of Bill Murray last night

Dec 15, 2014
Here
bill%20murray.JPG

Mr. Murray was coming out of the Cadillac Palace Theatre on W. Randolph and LaSalle Sts in the Loop in Chicago. He seemed a bit disturbed to be greeted by so many onlookers. He waited for his limo to come and pick him up. I kind of half shouted to him that I had been in Punxsutawney recently. He said something to a female who seemed to be acting as his agent who then turned towards me and said

"Mr. Murray has never been to Punxsutawney. He thinks it must be a beautiful town."

The Groundhog Day movie was actually filmed in nearby Woodstock, Illinois. Which I learned while I was in Pennsylvania.

Then as he entered the limo he winked at me pointed his finger and mouthed the words "nice shirt."

I believe he was being sarcastic because I was wearing a standard issue police uniform shirt and speaking with what I consider a slight brit accent although most Americans determine quickly that I'm originally from the UK. He might have thought I stole it off an officer. I'm not really sure.

He apparently had seen the show Jersey Boys.

http://www.jerseyboysinfo.com/tour/schedule.html?gclid=COCcqs--ysUCFQwPaQodxJAAkA

I took this picture, today, Sunday.

large.jpg

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Not again. Everyday I wake up......the same thread.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Since the demise of much-missed dear old Frank, shameless holiday BRAGGING like this is one of the last great traditions left of the grand old NSC summer. Fine work.

Like nostalgia, even the summer binfests aren't what they were (cue "yes they are" etc)

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
The whole thing is a bit 'WTF!' for me. Having never been a fan of Bill Murray, or watched any of his films, I was assuming that the OP's post was a tongue-in-cheek play on a scene from one of his films.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
I took this picture, today, Sunday.

That guy in the foreground on the bike must have the patience of a saint. He's been hanging around in exactly the same spot and pose since this picture was taken by someone else in 2011: http://cinematreasures.org/theaters/303/photos/10456

Looks like Bill Murray's still wearing the same suit he wore to last year's Oscars too... (Although, knowing BM's love of the odd tipple, that one actually is possible...)

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
That guy in the foreground on the bike must have the patience of a saint. He's been hanging around in exactly the same spot and pose since this picture was taken by someone else in 2011: http://cinematreasures.org/theaters/303/photos/10456

Looks like Bill Murray's still wearing the same suit he wore to last year's Oscars too... (Although, knowing BM's love of the odd tipple, that one actually is possible...)

The plot thickens.

Darts.

rool

Jul 10, 2003

Are you naturally suspicious or did you just think 'hold on, I've seen those pictures before' ?

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I'd say if anything it just weakened.

Anyone else want to pretend they've been on holiday?

I took this on my long weekend at sandy balls, I couldn't believe my eyes, but then he said 'uh huh man, wanna come over for a burger'

I said 'Sorry can't do I'm afraid Elvis, my missus is just stirring up some macaroni cheese on the camping gas stove. Maybe next time'

He said 'yeah man that'd be great' He then pointed and said 'Nice shorts'.

elvis.jpg

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
I do like it when a fairly pointless and innocuous inoffensive lie is completely blown out of the water in the space of a couple of posts but I do wonder why the OP posted such drivel in the first place?? Mental or drugs?

Dec 15, 2014
Here
Sorry, that is a pic I copied of BM at the Oscars in 2011.

I have a lot of pics of BM and when I look through the pic labels I don't see the pictures. That pic of BM at the Oscars was labeled Bill Murray outside theatre. This one is labeled Bill Murray waiting outside theatre.

IMG_20150522_225446_349.jpg

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I do like it when a fairly pointless and innocuous inoffensive lie is completely blown out of the water in the space of a couple of posts but I do wonder why the OP posted such drivel in the first place?? Mental or drugs?

Perhaps he's never felt loved? Lack of breast feeding as an infant can do that to some people.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here