Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Islamic state offensive taking over Ramadi

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
How can this be possible with western air strikes ect ?

This city can now look forward to cruel executions for trivial reasons. Not sure how these people get so much support from Sunni countries.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
pictures of Iraqi soldiers running off and leaving the city
so all that training we paid for done a lot of good then

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
OTOH, ISIS were just run out of Palmyra, Syria.

Swings, roundabouts.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia

They have no military history and the 'stand and fight' discipline will not exist.
So it's everyman for himself.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
They ran out of ammo didn't they ?

Not surprising they ran off, as they'd just be executed. They'll re-arm and re-take the city I imagine.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I cant imagine that. The only way they would succeed is with Shia militia, and placing them in the capital of Anbar province is not a good or likely scenario i would have thought.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Perhaps they're concentrating on taking Iraq before pushing onto Syria. It makes more logistical sense than to spread that thinly. They've not made huge gains in Syria because they're fighting Assad and other rebel groups.

...and by all accounts, the Iraqi army is an easier proposition.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Think you might want to blame Blair & Bush before you take a swing at Cameron.

No doubt Blair and Bush started the shit fight but Cameron could have withdrawn troops at any time over the last four years......billions of pounds down the crapper.. History shows that the middle east has been at war for thousands of years , the good old U.S of A thought that with a little help from it's allies it could bounce into the region and put it all to rest........most Americans would still put Mosul in the Middle of Algeria if you gave them a blank map.......the fact that Blair was dragged along quite happily with the yanks was a bad error of judgement.......the fact Cameron has not severed the ties is equally bad judgement.........this brings us to the debate of wether we let them " wipe each other out" or intervene at enormous cost , both monetary and culturally......only imho of course old chap.....!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
No doubt Blair and Bush started the shit fight but Cameron could have withdrawn troops at any time over the last four years......billions of pounds down the crapper.. History shows that the middle east has been at war for thousands of years , the good old U.S of A thought that with a little help from it's allies it could bounce into the region and put it all to rest........most Americans would still put Mosul in the Middle of Algeria if you gave them a blank map.......the fact that Blair was dragged along quite happily with the yanks was a bad error of judgement.......the fact Cameron has not severed the ties is equally bad judgement.........this brings us to the debate of wether we let them " wipe each other out" or intervene at enormous cost , both monetary and culturally......only imho of course old chap.....!

I think Cameron was tied in with commitments that the Blair government had agreed with the Americans, so in many ways the dice had been thrown and his hands have been tied. Why just mention Cameron anyway Clegg was in a position of power aswell. Just a bit more Tory bashing with no foundation. Only in my honest opinion which counts for nothing like yours old chap.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I think Cameron was tied in with commitments that the Blair government had agreed with the Americans, so in many ways the dice had been thrown and his hands have been tied. Why just mention Cameron anyway Clegg was in a position of power aswell. Just a bit more Tory bashing with no foundation. Only in my honest opinion which counts for nothing like yours old chap.
hardly think a "ffs cameron" amounts to tory bashing old bean....intervention in the middle east has been a cluster**** from start to eventual finish.......it will only be the intervention that finishes , not the permanent state of impending hostility between the clans.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
hardly think a "ffs cameron" amounts to tory bashing old bean....intervention in the middle east has been a cluster**** from start to eventual finish.......it will only be the intervention that finishes , not the permanent state of impending hostility between the clans.

So you want us to send our lads into Iraq and become sitting ducks?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here