Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite cricket ground?

May 14, 2015
With the cricket season underway, what is your favourite cricket ground in England, and abroad? Personally i love visiting Trent Bridge.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Arundel, thread closed.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Trent Bridge,the scoreboard there was superb

Adelaide Oval (Sir Don Bradman Stand)

favourite end,Kirkstall Lane,Bob Willis and all that

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
152447.jpg

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Really enjoyed Canterbury on Friday. Nice little ground.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Arundel Castle Cricket Ground.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Lynton and Lynmouth CC.

Yes, that really is a beauty, isn't it? I was always amazed how they had managed to fit in a sufficiently flat area to play the game on, but apart from a few ups and downs on the outfield, it is a cracking ground. Mind you, if the ball goes off the field, you have to be careful not to step in goat poo or get bitten by an adder, as there are apparently loads of them there. Near to us though, Arundel is hard to beat. Of the Test grounds, Trent Bridge for me. I actually am not that keen on Lord's, even though it's the home of cricket. Too much of the seating is allocated to MCC members, especially for games like the Cheltenham and Gloucester Final, where Lancashire and Sussex only got 4,500 tickets each and could easily have sold double. Secondly, it's okay if you get Grandstand tickets, as you're not far from your seat and there's a bar underneath, but if you're in the Compton or Edrich Upper, you've got a long, steep staircase to climb and the same to go back for toilets, coffee, etc.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I like quirky grounds like Mitcham, where the pavillion is the other side of a busy road. You can sit up on the balcony as the cars go past, below you. Its the only place I have played where you need to observe the highway code before taking the field!
Tunbridge Wells, when the rhodedendrons are in full bloom, takes some beating.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here