Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Local firm making 'best headphones in the world' - kickstarter

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Before anyone starts I have nothing to do with this lot in any way shape or form. I just thought given the significant numbers of posters on here who like their music and the fact they are a local business some might be interested in backing them.

There was an article in the Arsegas last week but here are the links. They're getting great reviews from the industry and appear to be doing something genuinely revolutionary with headphone and speaker design.

http://www.flareaudio.com/

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/584645150/flare-audio-a-revolution-in-pure-sound

I've backed them and hope some others will too. Cheers

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Hopefully they might still deliver, but we'll have to see. I have been umming and aahing over whether to buy some B&W headphones, but these are more attractively priced.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
£600 for a pair of bloody headphones?!?!? Either you've got more money than sense, or these earphones give handjobs as well.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
51ttl7P200L._SY355_.jpg

Ooh. topical.
I've just this week bought my very first set of BLUETOOTH headphones. These MPOW in-ear ones cost me the princely sum of £20 incl P&P, and they are cuffing brill. Paired up with my phone no problem, sound quality is excellent, and their range seems pretty decent as well - I can mince around up to about 10-15 metres or so from my phone and the signal still doesn't drop. Its so liberating not having a wire trailing up me from my pocket when I'm out and about listening to music and podcasts. Wish I'd got them years ago.

Jul 7, 2003
So, if I've read this correctly if 10 people on here got together and pledged £60 each you could get one of the £600 Early Distribution packages which would give each person a pair of the headphones for their £60 - much better value than going in individually.

Jimmy Come Lately

Registered Loser
Oct 27, 2011
Hove
Interesting product, and the super early bird price is a bargain if the sound quality really is as good as the reviews suggest. I wasn't looking for a new pair of headphones but I'm now quite excited to hear what these are like.

Just need to hope that this is one of those kickstarter projects that attracts lots of pledges as the deadline approaches...

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
So, if I've read this correctly if 10 people on here got together and pledged £60 each you could get one of the £600 Early Distribution packages which would give each person a pair of the headphones for their £60 - much better value than going in individually.

You're right, but organising people on NSC is similar to herding cats: see the NSC Easter Bunny CD thread for an example of a simple collaborational concept taking months of organising, but often ending in disappointment - given the timescale here, it would have been a tall order, even if we HAD thought of your cunning plan...

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I would normally say that it's impossible to sell something like headphones without first listening to them. But looking at the testimonials they've gotten in that video I think it's a pretty safe bet that they'll sound great.

£600 is outrageous for headphones though. You could get some mouled in-ear monitors for that price!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You're right, but organising people on NSC is similar to herding cats: see the NSC Easter Bunny CD thread for an example of a simple collaborational concept taking months of organising, but often ending in disappointment - given the timescale here, it would have been a tall order, even if we HAD thought of your cunning plan...

Curry night anyone?

I have only just bought some new headphones so cannot justify buying another pair just now. Are they only in ear? I can't wear those anyway they keep falling out, so I have look like a dork with over the head ones.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here