Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Allotment thread.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Thought I'd start this thread off.
I have an allotment up here in Middlesex, and was wondering are there any NSC's that have one to?
Its a great stress relief from working shift :thumbsup:

As it happens today I was up here with my wife today, and was introduced to a fellow Albion supporter visiting his b' in law who supports Fulham.
Ended putting the world to rights in a Brighton sort of way :albion2:

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
There's someone on this site who records everything on his allotment.....it's friggin hilarious. A little while ago, he did a virtual trip to his plot......

"so, here i am in my car,
I'm now driving down he road
Im now going through the town,
im getting close to the plot
Ive arrived at the plot"

All on webcam. I'll try to find it, it's breathtaking

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Mine is in Southwick
Had it 7yrs

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Had an allotment down here in sunny Somerset for a couple of years....nothing better than nipping up to the allotment after work on a balmy summer's evening with a beer, to dig a few spuds!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Just worked out the other day that we've had our plot for about 8 years now. Great way to introduce the kids to nature and see how things grow. They manage to strike a nice balance between genuinely useful work and playtime up there too. I do nearly all the digging & weeding, they do most of the planting, watering & harvesting.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Do you all still build sheds out of old doors?

My dad had an allotment at the end of Nesbit Road/ Natal Road in Brighton when I was a kid, he used to take me along for what seemed like hours.
One afternoon I got bored and dug severel trenches in and around his greenhouse that he built out of old windows and frames, he went spare as it nearly collapsed :angry: I don't think he took me again.

Only Fools and Horses Mother Nature's Son episode was filmed there, it's where they found the Peckham Spring :smile:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
We have one in Hurstpierpoint. Now into our third season.

I seem to be able to grow plenty of potatoes, onions and garlic and inherited some fruits that are excellent (raspberries, blackberries and rhubarb).

Last year I made jam for the first time in my life from the fruit we grew.

It seems to be being taken over by buttercups at the moment, though, so I can see a lot of digging and weeding in the next few weeks!

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
IIRC [MENTION=18309]Muzzy[/MENTION] has an allotment blog/website

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here