Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Conference Play off

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Should have stayed!!!:clap:

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Shame for Grimsby, they didn't deserve to lose. None of them did.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
First game ever was against Bristol Rovers in the old Division 2, We both went down and Grimsby passed us going up.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Well done Gas. The Codheads will only get promoted by finishing top of the Conference but there are too many decent sides to stop them.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I like Bristol Rovers. Always have. Very pleased for them, especially after that outrageous offside decision near the end that would have led to a clear one-on-one.

I don't like Grimsby. So I'm pleased.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I like Bristol Rovers. Always have. Very pleased for them, especially after that outrageous offside decision near the end that would have led to a clear one-on-one.

I don't like Grimsby. So I'm pleased.

Wanted rovers, too. Don't think they are in a position to be complaining about decisions though, seeing how their keeper escaped a nailed on red card after about 10 minutes.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
to be fair both keepers could have been sent off....

Looks like I should have watched the whole game.

But those penalties...can you imagine the pressure, knowing that if you score you're back in the league? Kudos to Bristol Rovers for scoring all five, and especially the last fella.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Really wanted Grimsby to go up.

But at least Poojah may bless the Internet with another rant.

No rant from me this time - the squad we had last season had 10x the amount of pride and professionalism of the wasters that took us down into this godforsaken division in the first place. Fortunatey, despite all but one of them being on 1 year contracts we've manage to keep the team mostly intact.

I've only just been able to bring myself to give the slightest thought to the events of a couple of weeks ago - I don't think I've ever felt so gutted about a football match in all my life. Perhaps the fact I was so proud of the team (and our fans) on the day, it made it worse.

Anyway, now the dust has settled the fans, along with trust, have launched a campaign to help the part-fund the playing budget for next season. As it stands, we've just cleared £24k on day one (smashing the original £20k target), averaging £40 a donation. Not bad for a town where a lot of people genuinely don't have a lot of money right now. And whilst twenty-odd grand might not sound a lot, when you consider our total budget otherwise is about £700k for the season, this could well make a big difference in our bid to (finally!) get back in the football league.

I know you lot have got your own problems to worry about and our current plight (if you can even call it that) pales into insignificance compared to yours in the Archer / Bellotti days, but if anyone fancies sticking in a quid or two towards our cause I know it would be hugely appreciated by all concerned. That way, we might just avoid a league fixture at Whitehawk.

Anyway, all the best to you lot for next season - can't wait to see the Amex on Fifa 17!

Link: http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/GTFC/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here