Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sky TV issues?

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
The picture keeps breaking up then intermittently failing completely with a message saying there is no signal found

Anybody else having this same problem this morning?

Already tried resetting the box

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
The picture keeps breaking up then intermittently failing completely with a message saying there is no signal found

Have you tried switching it off and never switching it back on again?

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
This time of year, it could be due to foliage growth, are there trees or bushes in the line of sight of the dish?

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Dish seems fine. May have to call them which is usually a nightmare

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005

I had exactly that with my sky+ box a couple of weeks ago. We also run a freesat box off the same dish, so I knew it was not that. Decided to upgrade to HD. Bloke who fitted it said sky+ boxes are no longer supported and get no more software upgrades.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Expert advice here.
First check the signal. To do this press 'SERVICES' button then it should be buttons 4 then 6 but may vary. Your looking for 'signal' in the menu. Signal strength & quality should be about 80% (quality is more important than strength).
If it is but no picture then it's your box. If it isn't it's the dish or LNB (bit on the dish).
Since an upgrade lots of old boxes don't work any more, sounds like yours is one of them.
If your box is old and you've been with Sky for a while then ask for a new box, they'll say no so cancel. Then you'll get the new box.
If an engineer comes out be ready as he'll swop boxes and you'll lose all recorded programmes.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Seriously, have you tried turning the box off, leaving it a few minutes, then plugging it back in? That tends to solve a lot of problems when my sky box acts up.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Have you cleaned the Sky card, could be static on it

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Not noticed any breaking up, but they did a software update a few days ago and we had a couple of recordings fail with "technical issues". And the new interface is crap.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Again, to everyone who has problems. If your box is old it does have issues with the new upgrades. Sky wont tell you but when you call out the engineer he will just swop the box because he knows the truth.
DO NOT pay for an engineer call out. Cancel Sky and wait one year to renew at a discount price. Believe me they wont let you go. And with most people having FreeView it's only the sport you'll miss.
But as I say, THEY WONT LET YOU LEAVE!

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Again, to everyone who has problems. If your box is old it does have issues with the new upgrades. Sky wont tell you but when you call out the engineer he will just swop the box because he knows the truth.
DO NOT pay for an engineer call out. Cancel Sky and wait one year to renew at a discount price. Believe me they wont let you go. And with most people having FreeView it's only the sport you'll miss.
But as I say, THEY WONT LET YOU LEAVE!

I managed to cancel....eventually. My God they don't like to take no for an answer. I left them because Virgin offered me a great deal which I took up. Two, one hour calls later to Sky they finally got the message to cancel my subscription. A month after switching to Virgin the buggers we're still contacting me to try and get me back.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Check signal input 1 and 2 in settings. If they are both fine it might be as suggested overgrowth around you Sky dish. The same thing happens to my dish. Once I cut the overgrowth back it fixes the problem straight away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here