Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier Relegation Battle

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
No allegiances. I just want all the contenders for a place in the Championship to finish on 38 pts. Make it more nerve wracking and complicated.

This means Hull have got to win against Spurs.

Spurs form is poor and Hull seem on self destruct. If it goes to form all the goals will be in the first half. I think Hull will lose but that would be Spurs spoiling the fun.

Sunderland v Leicester is a banker draw. Almost worth a bet.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
What you should want is Hull to lose so it makes it more likely Sunderland and Leicester stay up which means several million pounds for us in transfer add-ons.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
What you should want is Hull to lose so it makes it more likely Sunderland and Leicester stay up which means several million pounds for us in transfer add-ons.

Leicester will stay up. Better goal difference.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

This. A couple of million may not seem like much in today's top flight football money, but it can still make a big difference in who we could attract at our level and will increase the playing budget by 10%.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I agree, although I have no idea how much it is we'd get. Is it really several million?

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
I agree, although I have no idea how much it is we'd get. Is it really several million?

£4.5 million (if I recall correctly) if Burnley, Leicester and Sunderland stay up. Burnley are already down, but I would guess it is still close to £4 million as you would think the lowest amount would come from the Barnes transfer.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
£4.5 million (if I recall correctly) if Burnley, Leicester and Sunderland stay up.
Given that our club never even tell us transfer fees, have they really told anyone the figure we'd get for the clubs staying up?

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Given that our club never even tell us transfer fees, have they really told anyone the figure we'd get for the clubs staying up?

It was in the published accounts. They didn't reveal individual add-on agreements. We've probably already gained some money from things like Ulloa appearances, and paid some money for Baldock appearances. No promotion fees due though!

The max we could receive is £4.3M and the max we could pay out is £1.9M

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/documents/doc150115-15012015133454229-2206891.pdf

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
L
It was in the published accounts. They didn't reveal individual add-on agreements. We've probably already gained some money from things like Ulloa appearances, and paid some money for Baldock appearances. No promotion fees due though!

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/documents/doc150115-15012015133454229-2206891.pdf

I can't imagine that last season triggered too many performance related clauses!

Maybe an appearance clause was avoided by playing Best instead of COG??!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Thanks. What page is the £4.3m detail on?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Perseus has never been that bothered about costing the club he "supports" large sums of money

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Thanks. That is not saying this though:
Some of that figure is bound to be related to how many goals they score, and how many times they play etc.

I should have said 'up to'. I already mentioned appearances etc in a previous post, most of which we have probably already gained, hence the final £4.5m number. I think we can assume a large chunk will come from those teams staying up, though.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I should have said 'up to'. I already mentioned appearances etc in a previous post, most of which we have probably already gained, hence the final £4.5m number. I think we can assume a large chunk will come from those teams staying up, though.
I honestly have no idea. Ulloa was by far the biggest sale, and being a striker, I would imagine a fair chunk would be on his goal scoring record. He's got 10 goals, so that should be decent for us, but not necessarily the full amount. And Bridcutt has had 9* appearances, and Buckley 4* - will we really be getting much for them, just because the club stay up?

I think it's highly unlikely we'll anywhere near an extra £4m for Sunderland and Leicester staying up.

* Only miles out

Last edited:

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
I honestly have no idea. Ulloa was by far the biggest sale, and being a striker, I would imagine a fair chunk would be on his goal scoring record. He's got 10 goals, so that should be decent for us, but not necessarily the full amount. And Bridcutt has had 9 appearances, and Buckley 4 - will we really be getting much for them, just because the club stay up?

I think it's highly unlikely we'll anywhere near an extra £4m for Sunderland and Leicester staying up.

I'm not where you've got those appearance numbers from. Bridcutt has made 18 Premier League appearances this season (31 total including last season an extra +6 in cups this season) and Buckley 22 Premier League appearances (+2 cup appearances).

We know from reports at the time of transfer that the Ulloa add-ons add up to 2M. I've heard £0.5M is for appearances which he's already made and £1.5M is for them staying up (or going straight back up if they're relegated). Others have suggested slightly different numbers.

I'm pretty confident that we'll get a tidy sum from Sunderland and Leicester staying up, and the total, along with all the other add-ons, will be about £4M. Interpret the data as you will.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm not where you've got those appearance numbers from. Bridcutt has made 18 Premier League appearances this season (31 total including last season an extra +6 in cups this season) and Buckley 22 Premier League appearances (+2 cup appearances).
lol - I was only a factor of 2 out for Bridcutt and a factor of 5 out for Buckely :)

We know from reports at the time of transfer that the Ulloa add-ons add up to 2M. I've heard £0.5M is for appearances which he's already made and £1.5M is for them staying up
Nothing for goals - is that normal?

I'm pretty confident that we'll get a tidy sum from Sunderland and Leicester staying up, and the total, along with all the other add-ons, will be about £4M. Interpret the data as you will.
Well for the purpose of this thread, it's only how much extra we get for them staying up that we're discussing.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Newcastle winning.

Relegation at the moment probably between Sunderland and Hull, with Villa and Leicester not quite safe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here