Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stevie G hand shandy

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Is anyone else going to light a candle today for this legend, I am so glad the media are not going over the top for a player who has always shown himself to be a true professional and lover of DJs

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
I once saw an old photo of him as a kid wearing the Everton kit. I would have thought the greatest fans in the world, who today frequent the away end, will have a special banner made up with this on it. Or flog their ticket to some desperate scouser for a huge profit!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Its a sad day indeed for the bin dippers, I wonder how many are going full Stevie G kit wanker for the occasion. #prayforstevieG

I suspect there will be FKWs in record numbers today.

Meanwhile, elsewhere at Anfield.....

[tweet]599578827417858048[/tweet]

:eek::ohmy::banana::wozza::facepalm::ascarf:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The cards placed in the Kop for the crowd to hold up have printed on the back "The best there is, the best there was, the best there will ever be".

Erm...fair play for singlehandedly dragging some pretty crap Liverpool sides up a level over the years, Shtevie, but "the best" seems to be overdoing it just a tad if you ask me.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Is anyone else going to light a candle today for this legend, I am so glad the media are not going over the top for a player who has always shown himself to be a true professional and lover of DJs

Why? What's going on?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The cards placed in the Kop for the crowd to hold up have printed on the back "The best there is, the best there was, the best there will ever be".

Erm...fair play for singlehandedly dragging some pretty crap Liverpool sides up a level over the years, Shtevie, but "the best" seems to be overdoing it just a tad if you ask me.

Quite. And there's only one man who can claim that:

bret_hart.jpg

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I just hope they play some Phil Collins for him over the Anfield PA system.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Always good to see some intelligent comments.
To the "Come on Palace" comment. Only on a Brighton forum.
Privileged to have watched him over the last 17 years and hopefully he finds himself in the dugout in the not too distant future.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I wonder if Stevie G himself has "written the script" for today as well, because according to the fawning commentators, he often does. :rolleyes:

Good player over the years, obviously, but the media adoration of him and the so called "best fans in the world" is quite frankly embarrassing.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It slightly grates with me that they bang on about his "loyalty" to the club.

That would be the same loyalty that led him to demand a transfer and have talks with Chelsea, I assume, before re-signing at Anfield either because LFC agreed to pay him shedloads more, or because the friendly local gangsters on Merseyside threatened his family, depending on who you believe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here