Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your worst concert.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
4 Non Blondes in Dusseldorf, very shouty shouty.
A lot of German ladies wearing heavy leather outfits :lolol:

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Blur at The West End Centre Aldershot 1990 just before they broke.They played in front of 200 and were awful ,bottles and fists flying a plenty. Years later glad to say i was there.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Bob Dylan at the Brighton centre. Crap venue anyway and most of the show consisted of innumerable versions of the same tune to which Bob mumbled the lyrics of songs from his heydey while earnest beardie men whooped when they recognised the words.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Louise at the Brighton Centre.

(Nice poster of her wearing an Albion shirt though...)

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The Two-Tone tour, Pompey in the early Eighties, great musically, but the National Front knuckle draggers made for a toxic atmosphere.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Two Coldplay gigs come to mind. The first at a very wet National Sports Centre at Crystal Palace in 2005, where we were miles from the stage, and there was a large group of freeloaders watching from outside the perimeter. Having said that, it was quite satisfying to see them all get blocked off as the crowd dispersed, meaning they had to wait ages to get out. Then I saw them again in 2012 at the Emirates, with loads of tall tanked up types jostling to get to the front, meaning I mostly saw the backs of their heads (I'm 5'6"). This is no reflection on the band, as I saw them again later in the summer at the Stade de France and it was a great gig. Another bad one was Kings of Leon at Hyde Park (I don't like the venue, as they let far too many fans in), where again the audience mostly seemed to be tanked up plonkers who'd been at the sauce. Razorlight at the Brighton Centre in 2006 was poor too, as the sound system was set up wrongly.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Bullet for my Valentine at the Dome a few years back. Left after a few songs, something I'd never done before and haven't done since.

The support was good though.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Worst hard to pick between The Slits, Paul Young, David Essex all we truly awful

Most disappointing Oasis, Police,

Expected to be bad but turned good Spice Girls, Hazel O'Conner, Meatloaf, Saxon

Expected to be good and exceeded expectations George Harrison, The Stranglers, The Clash, Thin Lizzy, ACDC, Whitesnake,

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Was forced, almost at gunpoint, to endure David Gray at the Brighton Centre. Everything was bad. Can still see that nutter drummer in his loud Hawaii shirt.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
The Thrills at the Concorde.

Thought they were dreadful, everyone in the crowd was giving that impression too.

They went on to become Glastonbury band of whatever year followed!?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Bob Dylan at the Brighton centre. Crap venue anyway and most of the show consisted of innumerable versions of the same tune to which Bob mumbled the lyrics of songs from his heydey while earnest beardie men whooped when they recognised the words.

I was there, unfortunately. Appalling night. Happily slagged him off to anyone that has called him a 'legend' in the 20 years since.
Equally bad was Lou Reed who in front of 80k at Wembley Stadium supporting the Stones? Or U2? played a load of dull drivel which no'one had ever heard of and refused to play the only song everyone had heard of.
If they were boxers they'd have had to pay back their fight money as a 'no contest'
Disgrace the pair

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Van the Scam phoning it in one night on a double headlner tour with Bob. Luckily the latter was on first so (for the first time ever) I walked early. Can't remember the date & think it was London Docklands Arena (which didn't help) but Van had Brian Kennedy doing a lot of 'co vocals' and looked totally disinterested. Tosser (that night anyway).

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
All About Eve at The Royal Albert Hall. ....... what was I thinking of?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I was there, unfortunately. Appalling night. Happily slagged him off to anyone that has called him a 'legend' in the 20 years since.
Equally bad was Lou Reed who in front of 80k at Wembley Stadium supporting the Stones? Or U2? played a load of dull drivel which no'one had ever heard of and refused to play the only song everyone had heard of.
If they were boxers they'd have had to pay back their fight money as a 'no contest'
Disgrace the pair

Think it was U2 as the Pogues also played

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
Findlay Quaye, Rock City. Stoned. Very stoned. Half hearted performance at best, lay on stage to deliver one song. At least he kept it brief

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here