Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev sentenced to death

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
"Dzhoktar Tsarnaev has been sentenced to death for his role in the 2013 bomb attack on the Boston Marathon – an attack that killed three people, left more than 260 wounded and stunned the country.

In April, the same jury at a federal court in Boston found Tsarnaev guilty on 30 charges relating to the attack.

Seventeen of those counts carried a possible death sentence, and despite hearing mitigating evidence from family members – and other such as Sister Helen Prejean, a Catholic nun who opposes the death penalty – the jury voted unanimously to send 21-year-old Tsarnaev to his death"

Good I say!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
"He is likely to be moved to a federal prison in Terre Haute, Indiana, to await execution by lethal injection. The punishment was brought back into use for federal crimes in 1988. "

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
As abhorrent as his crimes are, I am not in favour of state euthanasia.

I just think in a civilised society we have come away from this. Personally I think he should be left in jail to rot and think about his crimes for the rest of his miserable life. Making a martyr of him plays into the hands of those who use this sort of thing to justify other heinous crimes.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
If you are going to condemn a person for the taking of life, you can't then go on to commit the very same act in retribution.

He is an awful person because he killed people. If I were an American I'd say let's not join him.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I don't agree with the death penalty. You killed some people - so we'll kill you. It's that kind of thinking that perpetuates the the gun crime atrocities we hear about in the States every year.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
If you ever talk to an executioner it's a miserable vocation.

The state of illinois outlawed executions simply because due to forensic evidence found many years later many people sentenced to death were actually found to be innocent in about 30% of the cases. Believe it or not police were found to be corrupt and in the case of one sheriff in illinois beat a confession out of half the people he arrested.

The alarming situation here is that this is the federal US government putting a man to death. As was stated, because of exhaustive appeals this man will not be executed for about 10 years. Timothy McVeigh, one of the men convicted of killing 168 people by bombing a federal building in Oklahoma City in 1995 was executed in 2001. 6 years on death row when his guilt was overwhelming.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_McVeigh

That's surprising?

You strike me as a much more open-minded and loving type than the above post suggests.

I am very open minded and loving towards friends and family, indeed towards most human beings.

I do however have a problem with killers, especially killers of innocent children.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
I am very open minded and loving towards friends and family, indeed towards most human beings.

I do however have a problem with killers, especially killers of innocent children.

Hillian, we're going to sit you down in a room with Luke McCormick and you two are going to talk this through.

inland seagull

Aug 7, 2010
Northampton
I'm not keen on the death penalty, however this scumbag deserves everything thats coming to him. If he does spend the rest of his days in custody lets hope that it can be made as uncomfortable as possible for him

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
such a waste of life on all counts. He was another young person brainwashed by religious hatred. Killing him is a futile act but I can understand the victims friends and families wanting it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here