Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Natwest T20 Blast Kent v Sussex 15-05-15 19.00 , Canterbury .

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
So the two minnows of county cricket lock horns tonight for this seasons opening fixture , really looking forward to seeing Mahela Jayawardene swing the willow for the Sharks , will we see Will Beer as he has been loaned out to god knows where for god knows why reasons , this maybe the last time we see the Sharks as they are now , as moves are afoot to amalgamate the counties into franchises much like the big bash and the IPL , how do you feel about this happening ?

Obviously this does not apply to Surrey as they will still be known as Franchise Surrey .

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I really should be attending, but it's my birthday today, so I've other plans. Kent were terrible for this fixture last year. I think the Sharks should win, also interested (obviously) in how Jayawardene performs. Certainly wouldn't bother attending any amalgamated counties team or franchise - don't see how I could possibly care about that. Happy with the current set-up, despite our recent record in the competition, loved the 2009 run and victory - great times.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I don't know about minnows, it is more like two water fleas swimming around in a dirty puddle while the Great White Sharks of Lankyshire and Slurry devour all who dare put their toes in the water....

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Can you take your own shant in at Canterbury for T20 games ???

What is "shant"? If it's alcohol, I think you'll be OK as long as you're not swigging it as you go in. If it's something more sinister, I'm too innocent to be of any use, I'm afraid...

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I really should be attending, but it's my birthday today, so I've other plans. Kent were terrible for this fixture last year. I think the Sharks should win, also interested (obviously) in how Jayawardene performs. Certainly wouldn't bother attending any amalgamated counties team or franchise - don't see how I could possibly care about that. Happy with the current set-up, despite our recent record in the competition, loved the 2009 run and victory - great times.

I feel the same way , but you cant deny the pulling power these franchises have had in India and Austrailia , i guess when i see the team sheets of these franchises i may well change my view and have a look at a game or two but right now i do not like the idea of it .

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
What is "shant"? If it's alcohol, I think you'll be OK as long as you're not swigging it as you go in. If it's something more sinister, I'm too innocent to be of any use, I'm afraid...

Yes, alcohol.
It was ok for the Pro40 on a sunday a few years ago but it might be different for T20/FL games (as it is at Hove).

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Yes, alcohol.
It was ok for the Pro40 on a sunday a few years ago but it might be different for T20/FL games (as it is at Hove).

Usually, there are about two people on the gate looking at tickets, but not searching bags, as far as I can recall.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
From current Sussex CCC T20 Ticket :

Alcohol policy
No alcohol is permitted to be brought into the ground for the following matches: All Natwest T20 Blast, Floodlit Royal One-Day Cup, Quarter-Finals and Semi-Finals.

...seems to be consistent - Kent ccc Website : For NatWest T20 Blast matches NO alcohol is allowed to be brought into the ground.

Pint of overpriced watered down piss it is then !

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I feel the same way , but you cant deny the pulling power these franchises have had in India and Austrailia , i guess when i see the team sheets of these franchises i may well change my view and have a look at a game or two but right now i do not like the idea of it .

If the franchise had Brighton or Sussex in the title, I may root for them, even if they don't contain any "real" Sussex players. We'll have to see how it goes, but I prefer to support my own county players representing my county. But you're right - if it was that clear cut, no-one would be turning up in India or Australia and that's clearly not the case. We'll see.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
From current Sussex CCC T20 Ticket :

Alcohol policy
No alcohol is permitted to be brought into the ground for the following matches: All Natwest T20 Blast, Floodlit Royal One-Day Cup, Quarter-Finals and Semi-Finals.

From Kent CCC:

No alcohol may be brought into the ground at Twenty20 Cup matches.

So it's not officially allowed.....

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Nash, Wright, Jayawardena, Cachopa, Yardy, Brown, Beer, Liddle, Machan, Robinson, Magoffin

I thought Piolet over Magoffin - we need to rest our fast bowler for the proper cricket

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here