Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

(Some people in) Brighton - taking itself a bit too seriously?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Conveniently ignoring that 1/3 of the city's MPs are Tory and, across the 3 seats, over 50,000 people in the city voted Conservative.

https://www.change.org/p/david-came...ign=autopublish&utm_term=mob-xs-no_src-no_msg

The people of Brighton & Hove are so at odds with your Government's policies towards the sick & the vulnerable, to the arts and the environment, and to education and the NHS, we feel it is no longer tenable for us to remain apart of your 'United' Kingdom. That is to say, we are NOT united. Unlike your Government, we care about people, we don't want people starving and begging on our streets so that you can go and bomb people in other countries, mostly at the behest of the United States.

We don't want you taking money from poor families so that you can give tax breaks to the wealthy. We don't want to have to donate food to the ever increasing number of food banks, to pay for banking 'misdemeanours'.

We are frankly sick to death, quite literally in some cases, of your mealy-mouthed and empty promises. It is now very clear what you want, and it isn't us! Please release us from your tyranny so that we may continue our lives in peace, free to express ourselves in the arts and music without having to feel guilty that we are bombing people for their oil. Thank you.

Yours sincerely,

The people of Brighton & Hove

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Can you post any bollox you want on change.org, or is it vetted?

I unsubscribed from Avaaz when they told me who to vote for at the election.

janee

Fur half
Oct 19, 2008
Lentil land
Conveniently ignoring that 1/3 of the city's MPs are Tory and, across the 3 seats, over 50,000 people in the city voted Conservative.

https://www.change.org/p/david-came...ign=autopublish&utm_term=mob-xs-no_src-no_msg

The people of Brighton & Hove are so at odds with your Government's policies towards the sick & the vulnerable, to the arts and the environment, and to education and the NHS, we feel it is no longer tenable for us to remain apart of your 'United' Kingdom. That is to say, we are NOT united. Unlike your Government, we care about people, we don't want people starving and begging on our streets so that you can go and bomb people in other countries, mostly at the behest of the United States.

We don't want you taking money from poor families so that you can give tax breaks to the wealthy. We don't want to have to donate food to the ever increasing number of food banks, to pay for banking 'misdemeanours'.

We are frankly sick to death, quite literally in some cases, of your mealy-mouthed and empty promises. It is now very clear what you want, and it isn't us! Please release us from your tyranny so that we may continue our lives in peace, free to express ourselves in the arts and music without having to feel guilty that we are bombing people for their oil. Thank you.

Yours sincerely,

The people of Brighton & Hove

Thanks for the heads up Bozzer I've signed! Caring about the poor is not not taking myself too seriously

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] I share your views here

Although it's difficult to view the impact of East saltdean, telscombe or peacehaven (the hinterland) on the voting outcomes of a proper pure Brighton kemptown. Perhaps I should start BKIP?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I find this a bit embarassing really. It's no wonder people that don't live in the city think Brightonians are smug, self-satisfied hippies.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
That is to say, we are NOT united. Unlike your Government, we care about people, we don't want people starving and begging on our streets so that you can go and bomb people in other countries, mostly at the behest of the United States.

*Cough* Labour *Cough*

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Eastbourne hospital is miles better than RSCH.

it is that
but they keep chopping bits off it and sending them to the Conquest in Hastings
and as the last time I went to the RSCH the wait was horendous and the consultant said to me we have the technology and the theatres but no one to staff them .................it might of coarse just been a bad day

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Thanks for the heads up Bozzer I've signed! Caring about the poor is not not taking myself too seriously

Indeed, 50k is a sizeable minority that deserves it's own blue-walled ghetto, a tranquil, sanitised place with private healthcare on tap and where the disadvantaged are nowhere to be seen.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
it is that
but they keep chopping bits off it and sending them to the Conquest in Hastings
and as the last time I went to the RSCH the wait was horendous and the consultant said to me we have the technology and the theatres but no one to staff them .................it might of coarse just been a bad day

It might, as the last time my OH was there, we were seen on time. One of his problems is dealt with at Conquest but it's a nice drive there.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
It might, as the last time my OH was there, we were seen on time. One of his problems is dealt with at Conquest but it's a nice drive there.

there were no nurses in the kidney unit while I was there but as I say it might have just been a bad day
nice drive yes but not if you don't have transport...........or you are inthe middle of a heart attack

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
did'nt see many tories voting against it ................

Maybe so. My point is, it's an odd thing to throw at this Government (which as far as I'm aware hasn't done anything yet) when the last invasion was Labour-led.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Maybe so. My point is, it's an odd thing to throw at this Government (which as far as I'm aware hasn't done anything yet) when the last invasion was Labour-led.

tories are tories
labour are labour
neither of which would have refused the crooked finger of the USA and they would have all voted to go along with it

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
It is this kind of crap that make me sometimes despair of Brighton. So you voted against the tories. So did the majority in 300 other constituencies in the UK. So did about 15 million other people across the UK. How do you think the North, Wales and Scotland felt throughout the whole of the eighties when they were all voting Labour and getting Thatcher?

If an effective opposition is to be created it requires that like minded people across the country work to defend the things that they claim to believe in, not ridiculous click campaigns on social media which claim that they care for people whilst advocating isolationism and nationalism.

Yes I know its tongue in cheek, but it takes serious concerns and reduces their seriousness. It allows the opposition to easily dismiss valid political points because of their association with this kind of childishness.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here