Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

R.I.P B.B.KIng

Indeed - the only Blues Legend I actually managed to see live a couple of times - commanding presence on stage both physically and musically. His comment at the Brighton Centre concert (which I am pretty sure was made everywhere he played) "It's great to be here in Brighton, in fact at 72 years of age it's great to still be anywhere at all" made me smile.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Didn't he die last week as well??

That's the blues for you. His ol' hound dog died ten times, and his no good cheatin' woman left him no less than 27 times. And that was just last month.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
The word "iconic" is bandied around too loosely, but B.B. King possibly/probably merits it.

At the age of 89, and still gigging extensively until comparatively recently, he brought an awful lot of pleasure to an awful lot of people.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Truly one of the all time greats and alongside Freddie & Albert will always be one of the 'Three Kings of the Blues'. I was lucky enough to see him play when he was
still in his full pomp and it was a memorable experience. RIP BB.

Not neccessarily one of his best tracks, certainly for the Blues purists, but the reference to the "..Queen of England" spotting him always makes me smile.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
My favourite BB King moment, when he got blown away by his own bass player, Russell Jackson.

He seemed to enjoy it though.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
First heard BB King at Cook County Jail when I was about 13, made a huge impression on me

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here