Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

According to the Sun we are after Jamie Ward released from Derby-Co.....

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
As the headline says to be honest.

According to the Sun we are after Jamie Ward released from Derby-Co. Houghton has been in contact about the released player and we could get him before the weekend.

long long summer folks

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
What makes you think it's going to be a long summer? At least it looks like he's going to be active in the transfer market this summer and is also being sniffed up by Forest too.

He can play on the wing too so hopefully he can take advantage of Baldock's strengths and was Ward in that "Barnes" role that really hasn't been fulfilled since he left.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I was in Sheffield yesterday and the local paper seems to think Sheffield Wednesday :lolol: are in a battle with Forest to sign him.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Be interesting to see if he would make the move from Derby to Forest.... he has been released which would smooth the path somewhat

Forest will no doubt pay more than us, and he would not have to re-locate...

I for one hope we are genuinely enquiring at least to see if hes open to the move...

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Be interesting to see if he would make the move from Derby to Forest.... he has been released which would smooth the path somewhat

I for one hope we are genuinely enquiring at least to see if hes open to the move...

Sheffield is also an easy drive away too if he doesn't want to move house.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

In the Forest paper it said they could only offer him 10k a week - less than what Sheffield Wednesday :lolol: could.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Played all of his career since 2007 in the Derby/Sheffield area.

Maybe he'd prefer not to move.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Forest still have an embargo so will be limited.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
http://www.footballtransferleague.co.uk/newspaper_statistics.aspx

21% prediction correct overall. I think the % is less with the Albion, more like 3% (from memory). 3% chance seems about right.

Sun rumour accuracy re Brighton is 18.2%: higher because of Bridcutt and Buckley. High for players we sell, low for purchases?

Last edited:

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Forest still have an embargo so will be limited.

That's why they've said they can only afford to pay him 10 grand a week because they will soon be releasing players who've earned the same or more. Forest certainly need to get rid of Tesche who is still in contract but has clause-triggered a pay rise for next season but this looks difficult with other clubs put off by his wage demands.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I would be quite happy to see him here, handy player who seemed to a have a blinder against us more often than not. Even on games where he doesn't seem to do to well he appeared as a constant threat.

Usual wage/bugger club caveats apply obviously.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I would be quite happy to see him here, handy player who seemed to a have a blinder against us more often than not. Even on games where he doesn't seem to do to well he appeared as a constant threat.

Usual wage/bugger club caveats apply obviously.

Freudian slip?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
As the headline says to be honest.

According to the Sun we are after Jamie Ward released from Derby-Co. Houghton has been in contact about the released player and we could get him before the weekend.

long long summer folks

Sadly didn't happen before the weekend.

We need to get most of this rebuilding done EARLY.

Let's get Ward, Zamora, Le Bihan, and Enrich in asap. Then COG can go back up north.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here