Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jerome Sinclair (18 Year old Striker)

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
The Times (today)
"Liverpool have opened contract talks with Jerome Sinclair, but are ready to let the highly-rated teenager go out on loan next season as they prepare for the anticipated arrival of Danny Ings.

Despite competition from several clubs, notably Manchester United and Real Sociedad, Liverpool are expected to sign Ings from Burnley when his contract expires next month, with the fee to be determined by tribunal if the clubs are unable to reach an agreement.
The acquisition of Ings would allow Sinclair, 18, to join a club in either the Barclays Premier League or the Sky Bet Championship, in keeping with Brendan Rodgers’s desire for the forward to play regular first-team football before returning to Liverpool. There is even a possibility that Sinclair could be used as a makeweight in any deal to take Ings to Anfield, particularly as that would prevent the need for a tribunal."

Highly Rated 18 Year old Striker?
Do you think Brendan would let us have a go on him for a season?
Or do you think he is still upset that we broke the last one he lent us?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I want our own striker(s)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Teixeira broke himself with a wild challenge, but I think that loan came about because of Hyypia's relationship with Liverpool.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Teixeira broke himself with a wild challenge, but I think that loan came about because of Hyypia's relationship with Liverpool.

This 100%

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Club needs at least two experienced strikers who are used to scoring goals, unless Sinclair was an amazing talent would rather Tilley took that place on the bench / fringes of the first team.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
[/QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]

:eek::eek::eek:
JEEEEESUS CHRIIIST

I think you'll need some consent from Mr Sinclair first

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Sinclair has scored a lot of goals for LFC's Under 21's team this season. Went on loan to Wigan for the last month of the season.
Personally don't think he's the striker Hughton will be looking for.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The Times (today)
"Liverpool have opened contract talks with Jerome Sinclair, but are ready to let the highly-rated teenager go out on loan next season as they prepare for the anticipated arrival of Danny Ings.

Despite competition from several clubs, notably Manchester United and Real Sociedad, Liverpool are expected to sign Ings from Burnley when his contract expires next month, with the fee to be determined by tribunal if the clubs are unable to reach an agreement.
The acquisition of Ings would allow Sinclair, 18, to join a club in either the Barclays Premier League or the Sky Bet Championship, in keeping with Brendan Rodgers’s desire for the forward to play regular first-team football before returning to Liverpool. There is even a possibility that Sinclair could be used as a makeweight in any deal to take Ings to Anfield, particularly as that would prevent the need for a tribunal."

Highly Rated 18 Year old Striker?
Or do you think he is still upset that we broke the last one he lent us?

Not sure about this Sinclair fella, to be honest, but I think we need some proven championship (or, ideally Premier League) experience. Sod it, any kind of experience! Having said that, the shower that were up front fit that bill and look what happened there :lol:

But that's not what caught my eye about this.

Without wishing to de-rail the thread – and no disrespect to the player – why are Liverpool taking on Ings? Surely they need to be "splashing the cash" on a "statement of intent" striker?

And why, if Ings is out of contract at the end of the season, would Liverpool have to agree with Burnley, or use a player as a 'makeweight' in the deal?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here