Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton eye move for Swindon goalkeeper Wes Foderingham

Cloughie

Jun 7, 2009
Didn't PDC describe him as "One of the worst players I've ever seen" after he took him off at Swindon?

From what little I've seen of him he looks like a very good footballing 'keeper who is very athletic. Whether any of that will translate into being an all round good GK is another matter. I imagine he'll be looking to go somewhere to be the number one immediately too. Where with us he'll have to earn that distinction.

Wasn't he the one who had that hilarious barny with seig heil Di Canio when substituted ?

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
Goalkeeper is the one position I would say we don't need to change. Blame Stockdale, Anks and Walton are good enough for next season!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He never played a game for Palace so it's okay.

He learnt his football at Palace that is bad enough but more important is he good enough to compete with DS and keep him on his toes? I am not sure he is from what I have seen of him, granted only on TV.

I would sooner go for an older experienced keeper, perhaps not as old as Frieddel.

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
Would certainly hope that there is no substance in this. I'm happy with Stockdale and Walton and cannot see any reason why we would consider moving for another keeper unless maybe Walton could be on his way. And I hope that is not the case!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
If we can pick he up on a free then that's a great bit of business as far as i'm concerned.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Goalkeeper is the one position I would say we don't need to change. Blame Stockdale, Anks and Walton are good enough for next season!
Hughton is on record as saying ideally Walton is off on loan next season.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I'm somewhat puzzled by our goalkeeper approach. The plan seems to be to loan Walton out for a season, and get someone else in to challenge Stockdale, keeping Ankegren as third choice. I've no problems with loaning Walton out, so long as he gets a full season in. But that will in all probability leave us with three goalkeepers challenging for a starting place in the 2016-17 season.

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
Fantastic goalkeeper. Probably the best in League one i reckon. When you take in to account his good ability with his feet & distribution i'd say he's definetely the best. He'd be a brilliant signing.

He's been on the radar for a while i believe. We were in for him a couple of years ago

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm somewhat puzzled by our goalkeeper approach. The plan seems to be to loan Walton out for a season, and get someone else in to challenge Stockdale, keeping Ankegren as third choice. I've no problems with loaning Walton out, so long as he gets a full season in. But that will in all probability leave us with three goalkeepers challenging for a starting place in the 2016-17 season.
I see it as a quality long term strategy.

2015-16 Stockdale - competent other - Casper. Walton League 1 loanee with game time.
2016-17 Walton - competent other - The other youth g/k/Casper. Stockdale sold before last year of contract.
2017-27 Walton.

Oct 25, 2003

i think ankergren is happy being a 3rd choice and helping out around the place from what it seems. Maybe he's doing his coaching badges and the powers that be see enough in him to keep him around until he moves into coaching? He's played very few games in the last few years and doesn't seem that bothered.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here