Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds line up Nigel Adkins as manager

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Any excuse to give this gem another airing.

adkinsbanner.jpg

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
I don't understand the hate for Adkins.

Excellent manager. I think he'll do a great job there given the chance.

When the w*#nker was at Southampton. How about his total lack of respect for us at the end of the League 1 season we came top? His "they've got to keep up with my team" comment and refusal to form an honour guard even when we had already become Champions. Enough in any Brighton supporters opinion to think the blokes a cvnt!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I don't understand the hate for Adkins.

Excellent manager. I think he'll do a great job there given the chance.

Very much this. I would have him down here in a flash.

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton

:wanker:

Bindipping jumped up physio c*nt

Well said that man!
Apparently some people don't understand the dislike for him?
Don't understand if you were around that season how you think that the bloke is nothing but a mouthy ****!

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
When the w*#nker was at Southampton. How about his total lack of respect for us at the end of the League 1 season we came top? His "they've got to keep up with my team" comment and refusal to form an honour guard even when we had already become Champions. Enough in any Brighton supporters opinion to think the blokes a cvnt!

Don't take it personally - he's just trying to motivate his team.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
It was November(ish) time that he made the comment, What was he meant to say? "I think Brighton will run away with the league; and by the time we play them at withdean, we will need to ensure we win to guarantee second place"? He didn't give a guard of honour as on the day he didn't want his team to mentally think of us as better right on kick off, and the plan worked as IIRC they won and secured second in the league.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
It was November(ish) time that he made the comment, What was he meant to say? "I think Brighton will run away with the league; and by the time we play them at withdean, we will need to ensure we win to guarantee second place"? He didn't give a guard of honour as on the day he didn't want his team to mentally think of us as better right on kick off, and the plan worked as IIRC they won and secured second in the league.

He said, 'If they keep up with us' when we had already been at the top for two months. No matter how you try to make excuses for him, that is arrogance.
Besides which, one of my abiding memories from that season was when we won 8 out of 8 in March, one of which was away to Dagenham & Redbridge. Watching Adkins face as he left, whilst we were singing 'Keeping up, are you keeping up' was a joy.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here