Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brad Friedel as Player/ Coach?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Great shout out on another website he could take up the coaching role and fight DS for the number 1 spot if Walton goes on loan. Get the man in bags of experience and great keeper and Pro.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Thats a good shout but would he be the man to compete with DS for No 1 but I could see him as back up no 2 or 3 and GK coach if CA doesnt sign the contract.offered.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Is Friedel a goalkeeping coach, then?

Or is it assumed that anyone who has ever played in goal and is quite old, qualifies as a keeper coach?

If that were the case, we may as well just make Casper the coach and sign another keeper.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Or is it assumed that anyone who has ever played in goal and is quite old, qualifies as a keeper coach?

If that were the case, we may as well just make Casper the coach and sign another keeper.

I dont know for sure but it is usual for older players to move on to their coaching badges near the end of their careers and I would think it is a very good possibility.

Slightly OT wondered where Eric Steele was so looked at wiki and he is at Derby but also that he won GK coach of the year 2014.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011

I think I remember him mentioning it on match of the day.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
He is our " USA club ambassador " what ever the hell that is. I can't see him leaving even if he does retires as its a pretty easy job!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here