Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Orlandi triggers release clause from Blackpool?!!

D

Deleted member 22389

Bring him back, he loves the club and I think he has something to give.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Perhaps he had that in mind when signing the lease of a flat in Barcelona and is going back home. I suggested this at the time of him signing it . Good player for us when he played and we missed him last season but we must be moving forward so not the time to resign him.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Offer him a pay as you play deal ?

Dont think he would accept though !!

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Offer him a pay as you play deal ?

Dont think he would accept though !!

I'm sorry but who actually offers these any more? He's 30, still a respectable age and could do a lot better than that.

By all accounts once he got fit again he had a respectable season in a very shoddy side so if he could rediscover his 2012-13 form he could be brilliant for us. On a personal level, I'd love him back and on a professional level he's an excellent player when on his game. He once played for Barcelona for goodness sake!!

#bringbackorlandi

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
I'm sorry but who actually offers these any more? He's 30, still a respectable age and could do a lot better than that.

By all accounts once he got fit again he had a respectable season in a very shoddy side so if he could rediscover his 2012-13 form he could be brilliant for us. On a personal level, I'd love him back and on a professional level he's an excellent player when on his game. He once played for Barcelona for goodness sake!!

#bringbackorlandi

Regardless of who or who dosent offer them anymore , isnt it a case of what suits both parties ? . It may well not suit Orlandi to have such a contract it may well not Suit BHA but its an option . i believe a lot of the non league clubs have these contracts for some of their older staff

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Regardless of who or who dosent offer them anymore , isnt it a case of what suits both parties ? . It may well not suit Orlandi to have such a contract it may well not Suit BHA but its an option . i believe a lot of the non league clubs have these contracts for some of their older staff

It's really more a of necessity than an option for non-league clubs. They simply cannot afford to offer full time wages to players they may, or may not, be able to offer regular football to.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
I really liked Orlandi, but recent experience with the return of highly-rated players (Dean Hammond and Elliot Bennett spring to mind) suggests that it doesn't always work out as everyone expects and hopes. I think we should move on under the new management team, and build a largely new squad, and not be scrabbling around to bring back old players (the small number who might make a real difference are unlikely to want to come back with the club in its current state anyway).

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Decent in flashes but very inconsistent, and often disappeared completely from games. Its a no for me.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Aside from the odd flash of skill, he and Tex are similar. Go missing, not 'ard enough and get knocked off the ball far too easily.
We need more physicality and aggression in the midfield, look at the annoying, terrier type players of the successful sides.
Souness or Case anyone?

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
As good as he was for us I'd like to think we can move on and get players in with some pace about them. It's no coincidence that Bournemouth and Watford have gone up automatically.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Only in his second season with us, played the majority of games the first season under Poyet

He alleged in his blog, that he missed three months due to a misdiagnosis by the German doctor. I think he's still got something to offer.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here