Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

COG to Sheff utd now? & others transfer listed?

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Now that Sheff utd will still be in Lge1 next season will Sheff utd be back in for COG? I hope so - plus are we going to transfer list or terminate any contracts? as only 5 players released isn't nearly enough imo!
Discuss

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Now that Sheff utd will still be in Lge1 next season will Sheff utd be back in for COG? I hope so - plus are we going to transfer list or terminate any contracts? as only 5 players released isn't nearly enough imo!
Discuss

The highlighted bit rings so true. Transfer list the deadwood. Under-achievers like Chicksen and Holla need to be shown the exit door. As for COG, I would let him go if, as seems likely, he wants to get back oop north.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Discuss

Plus the 5 loan players that have gone back, there's a lot of gaps to fill as it is.

I'm sure COG will go if we get a (better) replacement in.

ringmerseagulltoo

Feb 16, 2012
When is the Retain and Transfer list published? Does it have to wait until after the Play Off Finals. Do we actually have to publish a formal one or is what has been said already effectively it?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
The highlighted bit rings so true. Transfer list the deadwood. Under-achievers like Chicksen and Holla need to be shown the exit door. As for COG, I would let him go if, as seems likely, he wants to get back oop north.

COG definitely. The guy has about as much goalscoring nous as Greer.

I think in fairness to both Chicksen and Holla, both still look capable of adding something to our squad as a whole. Chicksen has always looked decent as a reserve left back, but if he's listed for loan again then perhaps we need to look elsewhere for a back up to whomever we sign.

Holla looked fantastic to start with but faded badly. I think we should give him the benefit of the doubt in as much as he had no pre-season to speak of and fitness was clearly an issue.

Looking at Hughton as a manager, the very least I expect from our squad this year will be high levels of physical fitness. Too many players arrived last year, late, fat and unfit. I'd be shocked if that were the case this year.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If we keep the squad at about 25, as with previous seasons, then we already need to bring in 8 new players this summer as things stand at the moment..

I make it 6 new players ( if Ankers and Calderon sign ) , as things stand ( assuming Rea is ready to step up to the squad ).

Stockdale
Walton
Ankers*

Bruno
Calderon*

Greer
Dunk
( new CD )
Rea [ CD / Def Mid ]

Chicksen
( new LB )

Kayal
Ince
Stephens
Crofts
Holla
JFC

Lua Lua
March
( new AtMid )
( new winger)

(new striker)
(new striker)
Baldock
O'Grady [ To be sold to go back up north and replaced by new striker ? ]

Futures still uncertain : Monakana, Fenelon

* new deal offered

There is talk of a new keeper as well, and in my opinion a strong case for Chicksen and Holla to be moved on. Greer may even make his 'sideways move' back to Swindon. I also think COG will be sold to Sheff Utd.

9-11 new players needed, I think, depending on who leaves.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Futures still uncertain : Monakana, Fenelon

Yep. NB: I assumed we wouldn't offer contracts to above but no public word from club yet about that. They are both afaik out of contract this summer.
Rea / Tilly ? and other academy/dev players promotion to the first team squad is unclear at moment but likely that 1-2 or more will start to feature, certainly over pre-season.
Agreed . 8-10 incoming new players this summer is a likely prospect whatever happens. More if we decide to sell players although i think thats unlikely.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The highlighted bit rings so true. Transfer list the deadwood. Under-achievers like Chicksen and Holla need to be shown the exit door.
That's the spirit:-

Take 2 more players off the payroll.
Add another 2 gaps that need filling.
Pay for those replacements directly from the 'striker fund'.

Then moan your arse off when all we can afford is Emily Heskey's brother.

Brilliant.

Last edited:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
The lad Tilley will be one of our 4 striking options in my opinion, which i think is great stuff.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
COG definitely. The guy has about as much goalscoring nous as Greer.

I think in fairness to both Chicksen and Holla, both still look capable of adding something to our squad as a whole. Chicksen has always looked decent as a reserve left back, but if he's listed for loan again then perhaps we need to look elsewhere for a back up to whomever we sign.

Holla looked fantastic to start with but faded badly. I think we should give him the benefit of the doubt in as much as he had no pre-season to speak of and fitness was clearly an issue.

Looking at Hughton as a manager, the very least I expect from our squad this year will be high levels of physical fitness. Too many players arrived last year, late, fat and unfit. I'd be shocked if that were the case this year.

I just feel Holla and Chicksen have had enough chances. We definitely need a major overhaul, although it is difficult to gauge how deep the axe will cut.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
When is the Retain and Transfer list published? Does it have to wait until after the Play Off Finals. Do we actually have to publish a formal one or is what has been said already effectively it?

No - clubs have already started to release players - millwall have let go 18!, im just concerned that only 5 players released isn't nearly enough- we've had a dreadful season so more need to move on imo, I would let go of Chicksen, Holla for a start and we need to have a young rightback and not keep both Bruno n Calde, im not convinced about Crofts tbh either - major overhaul needed not deck chair shuffling

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Are we not already building up Tilley as the next Michel Owen as we did Jake Robinson I would say lets just let him develop and see how we go. In the meantime didnt CH say at the time of releasing the 5 players that decisions will be made on those out on loan at a later date so I expect both Chicksen and Monakana to be released as neither appear to have stepped up to the plate.

Perhaps he is waiting to see what happens in the play offs and who goes up as he knows most of the Norwich squad and may feel the likes of Bennett and Garrido could do a job for us, replacing Chicksen and Monakana.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Are we not already building up Tilley as the next Michel Owen as we did Jake Robinson I would say lets just let him develop and see how we go. In the meantime didnt CH say at the time of releasing the 5 players that decisions will be made on those out on loan at a later date so I expect both Chicksen and Monakana to be released as neither appear to have stepped up to the plate.

Monakana and Fenelon are out on loan and (reports say) will be out of contract in summer so decision is imminent on those two.
Would be a surprise if either were offered new contracts.
Chicksen has a contract til summer 2016 so back i assume, for now, as part of the first team squad.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
That's the spirit:-

Take 2 more players off the payroll.
Add another 2 gaps that need filling.
Pay for those replacements directly from the 'striker fund'.

Then moan your arse off when all we can afford is Emily Heskey's brother.

Brilliant.

Or... recognise the wider problems in our squad, and deal with it.

Your post is, frankly, ill-thought-out nonsense.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Two pages of transfer debate and hardly any mention of what this team desperately needs - a 15-20 goals a season striker...
Indeed.

It'll be a long 4 weeks until the transfer window opens, and the squad building can begin.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
The lad Tilley will be one of our 4 striking options in my opinion, which i think is great stuff.

I really hope not. To rely on an unproven 16 year old as part of your first team strike force, would be stupid in my view. Thats not to say I would not play him if he shows to be good enough during the coming season, but no way would I gamble on him being counted as a first team player and taking the place of a recognised striker..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here