Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kazim-Richards

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
CKR plays for Feyenoord?

They used to be a big, big club.

They finished 2nd last year .... Apparently he's scored 11 goals in 22 appearances, a solid indication of how poor in overall quality the Eredivisie must be?

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
..."apparently a big guy off the field, but in the field, a pussy."
“What I wanted to do in return? No, I wouldn’t make my hands dirty on a pussy. "

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Hey, CKR used to play for us! Add him to the list to bring back! (along with Murray, Ulloa, Barnes, Zamora, Bridcutt, Bennett, etc.)

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
He does, but he's become more of a wide midfielder/forward since he left us, rather than a striker. A bit like where we put Baldock.

So, knowing us and how we like to play our signings in a different position to they're used to i'd bet we would do something really stupid and play him as a striker or something equally ridiculous

D

Deleted member 2719

Remember seeing him on the terraces at a preseason match, Bognor or Worthing, not exactly sure.

He was strutting his stuff and had more swagger, than a duck in a dinner suit. Chris Eubanks still out swaggered him at the Goldstone with his World Championship belt held high, i will never forget that.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Perfect fit for what Derby have going on :lol:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Interesting. Good luck to him. Hope he can revive his career.

What??????
He’s a tool of the highest order, both playing for the albion and against,
I hope he fails miserably.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
I've posted this before, but watch the awesome football documentary 'The Kaiser, the best player never to play football' - then look up CKRs career appearances on Wikipedia. First class numpty who must just keep on pissing people off, club after club.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I remember the Saturday after he left the club, I believe it was Bristol City, when I got to Ashton Gate Andy Naylor mentioned that CKR’s Dad Rodney was keen to come on the phone in to put his sons version of events over. I don’t know whether it was the West Country air but I was overcome by a wave of common-sense and decided to Rodney before the game to gauge what he wanted to say.

Needless to his version could not have been broadcast, he alluded to the colour of his sons skin being a factor in his exit from the club, and all but accused of Dick and Mark McGhee of spending their spare time up on the Downs wearing white hoods and burning crosses, we parted on good terms but it was clear we couldn’t have him on with what he was suggesting.

As in life their are three versions of a story, the two parties and the truth somewhere in the middle, and I’m sure CKR’s Albion departure is exactly that.

To CKR’s credit, to still be playing at Championship level all these years later, but this suggests that had his attitude and application been a bit different Just think what could he have achieved?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
just seen the derby press conf and he is sporting a very stupid haircut.

For that reason .... I'm out

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Remember seeing him on the terraces at a preseason match, Bognor or Worthing, not exactly sure.

He was strutting his stuff and had more swagger, than a duck in a dinner suit. Chris Eubanks still out swaggered him at the Goldstone with his World Championship belt held high, i will never forget that.
I saw him doing that at the Worthing pre-season friendly. Then his dad (I think) had a bit of a go at him and basically told to stop acting the big-time charlie. I didn't hear all that was said but the phrase 'remember where you come from' was used more than once. After that CKR then dutifully signed every autograph and posed for every picture as asked.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here