Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

EUROPE keen to share Mediterranean migrants out...

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Based on EU member states GDP, Employment opportunities and welfare provision.

Germany currently takes 200k, Sweden 81k whilst we only take 31k...I'm going for my all time page tally here. Please contribute generously and responsibly.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
We take a few on trial, you never know.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
The Germans are sick of it believe you me. You just need to get a few beers down them before the xenophobia comes out.

ISIS in Libya have made it policy to float 500k across this year in the belief it will cause riots in European cities. I think they're on to a winner.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The Germans are sick of it believe you me. You just need to get a few beers down them before the xenophobia comes out.

ISIS in Libya have made it policy to float 500k across this year in the belief it will cause riots in European cities. I think they're on to a winner.

Given the number not making it across successfully im not sure that particular word is put to best use here

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Given the number not making it across successfully im not sure that particular word is put to best use here

I'm not sure ISIS a are that bothered about the seaworthiness of the armada they are putting to sea. That's the Italian coast guards job. One thing is sure. We can't send the poor buggers back.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
The home secretary, Theresa May, has hardened Britain’s refusal to accept a mandatory European Union refugee quota system being put forward in Brussels this week in response to the Mediterranean migrant boat crisis.

The Home Office has said it will refuse to accept any refugees under
this week’s proposed EU emergency resettlement programme. But it has
now said it will also refuse to take part in any future permanent EU system to relocate asylum seekers who make it across the Mediterranean or to resettle refugees from outside Europe.

The hardening of Britain’s refusal to share any responsibility for the refugees or migrants caught up in the Mediterranean boat crisis was roundly criticised by British refugee organisations. “It is shameful that the British government seems eager to opt out of doing the right thing by some of the world’s most desperate people,” said Anna Musgrave of the Refugee Council.

Home Office said it had a proud history of offering asylum to those who needed it “but we do not believe that a mandatory system of resettlement is the answer. We will oppose any EU commission proposals to introduce a non-voluntary quota.”

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Ms Mogherini also said that the EU would adopt a new accord on migration
in Brussels on Wednesday. “No refugees or migrants intercepted at sea will be
sent back against their will,” she said.

Brilliant. The Australian system works wonders, so why don't we do the exact opposite and see where that gets us.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Beyond the political implications, I cannot help thinking that those that actually make it on to the boats are perhaps the most privileged from their communities, how else do you find passage from the traffickers.

Until Europe shows and implements a strong response and returns them back to their countries we are just incentivising others to try and to die.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Beyond the political implications, I cannot help thinking that those that actually make it on to the boats are perhaps the most privileged from their communities, how else do you find passage from the traffickers.

Until Europe shows and implements a strong response and returns them back to their countries we are just incentivising others to try and to die.

Cue "we will not turn our backs on them" response from all parties...

Common sense doesn't prevail here I'm afraid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here