Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Selfie Sticks

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Oh God.................................. I just bought one to take on holiday to NY....does that make me a 54 year old geek?

FFS!!

There is nothing and I mean nothing more irritating to a New York resident than a selfie stick. Just to ensure you maximize the irritation make sure to stand halfway across Brooklyn Bridge (make sure you're on the narrowest part of the walkway on the cycle side) for about 5 mins taking as many inane photos as you can and listening to the swearing from the locals.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
image.jpg

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
what's wrong with a tri-pod and a little remote to take the photo or ask people around to take the photo?
suppose it is easier to carry around

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
There are actually stalls in the Malls here with the full 'selfie stick' emporium. Czech girls, who you can see spending long periods of time staring at themselves in the metro windows, love them.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I just bought one for my 10 year old son as he likes doing youtube videos. He is under strict instruction not to take it anywhere the has people present. In reality the reaosn for it is we are going on holiday soon and it will be to muck around with the go pro in the sea and pool. And it was only a fiver to keep him happy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here