Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Miliband

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Looking like it might be a long road back for Labour. I guess they are lucky they have 5 years to sort it out.

Greyrun

Feb 23, 2009
Now that its all ended in tears I wonder if Ed is now regretting ripping his family apart?

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Perhaps an example of the Union (Trade Union that is) vote which shows that Labour do not necessarily benefit from that particular input !

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Now that its all ended in tears I wonder if Ed is now regretting ripping his family apart?

Do you not think you're being a bit over dramatic?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Especially as they're jews.
And ?? He either celebrates it or he's peddling false images about himself and his family. 0.jpg

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
ed-miliband-with-his-wife-and-children-pic-dm-657703172.jpg

"What will Father Christmas bring me Dad?"
"Thaz a great question Daniel. I want a Father Christmas that brings presents for the many - not just the few. But let me say to all the family at home..."

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I don't believe in Jesus, but celebrate Christmas. Is that bad? ???

No, why ? I suspect you're implying that ed milliband does likewise, but BH's post implies that the milliband's wouldn't be getting together at christmas

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
index.jpg

Bacon!

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I think David m's comments today show why Ed m stood for leader.

David had his chance to stand for leader twice before. Once when Blair resigned and once when the labour party wobbled over Brown. In the latter he even spent time garnering support before backing off. In my view that showed why he didn't deserve the leadership in 2010. He wouldn't have charmed the voters, press or business any more than Ed m did.

All the good leaders have shown am element of ruthlessness to take their chance

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I think David m's comments today show why Ed m stood for leader.

David had his chance to stand for leader twice before. Once when Blair resigned and once when the labour party wobbled over Brown. In the latter he even spent time garnering support before backing off. In my view that showed why he didn't deserve the leadership in 2010. He wouldn't have charmed the voters, press or business any more than Ed m did.

All the good leaders have shown am element of ruthlessness to take their chance

No one in the party stood a chance against Brown after Blair, hence he stood unopposed. He then didn't stab his leader in the back when the party 'wobbled'. Don't think you can portray these as characteristics of not having leadership ambition.

David Milibrand was a Blairite and a centralist for Labour - hence the unions swung to his brother. Not sure you can also conclude he wouldn't have made Labour more appealing to the voters.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here