Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Parking ticket after car was moved

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Here's one for [MENTION=1365]Westdene Seagull[/MENTION]
Woman got a ticket after the council moved her car from a plain road to a road with double yellow lines.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-32686498
My reaction is that the council were putting new lines down on the road and there would/should have been signage to not park. Paragraph three gives it away. Crying to the BBC before calling the council.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Mountain and molehill spring to mind with this story.

She was parked on a road that was having yellow lines painted. Normally, if they were new, the council would post signs or notify residents that lines are due to be painted. No doubt there had been some consultation or information about the forthcoming yellow lines. So the first question is had she received information about this prior to parking but possibly still parked there.
As for receiving a ticket, did the enforcement officer or whatever they are called know the car had been moved there or did he just see it and do his job?

Whatever happened, the council have already said they are cancelling the ticket so total non story.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What is the problem the council have admitted a mistake was made on their behalf and are going to cancel the ticket so whats all the fuss about. A mistake has happened and been rectified.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Here's one for @Westdene Seagull
Woman got a ticket after the council moved her car from a plain road to a road with double yellow lines.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-32686498
My reaction is that the council were putting new lines down on the road and there would/should have been signage to not park. Paragraph three gives it away. Crying to the BBC before calling the council.

Much as I know you want me to rant etc, the council have dealt with it. Also, I get private 'tickets' cancelled not council ones. The only two bits of advice I can give around council tickets is always appeal and use www.pepipoo.com to help you.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
What is the problem the council have admitted a mistake was made on their behalf and are going to cancel the ticket so whats all the fuss about. A mistake has happened and been rectified.

Isn't the point of the story that Manchester City Council employ such a dumb-dumb that issues a parking ticket and places it on the windscreen of a car alongside a "re-position notice" issued by the same council? ???

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I was on holiday and my car got hit by another can which nudged it onto a yellow line. I got a ticket.......to be fair, the council did refund

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here