Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

stevie g

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
An icon for most, but i personally dont like him, i think he's overrated, great footballer but not world class.
think in that interview after the chelsea game sums him up, bitter. He knows he's never going to win a league title, and i think deep down he knows he's going to sit in his retirement chair and regret not leaving liverpool for a club that could win trophies.

Its not completely his fault i don't like him as a person, its mainly the medias fault for making him there darling golden boy, just like liverpool are.
they know there in the final weeks of wan**ing over him, so there going to be doing a lot of it.

rip stevie g

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Ooh, that's harsh!

Personally, I admire him for sticking with his hometown club, and I think there's a lot to be said for being a one-club man whilst in England. He hasn't had a bad career and leaves as a Liverpool legend.

Compare this to Michael Owen who picked up his only Prem winners medal on the back of 11 games and 2 goals for arch enemy Man Utd.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Yeah, I'm sure he'll be miserable when sitting on a multi-million pound nest egg, with a champions league and FA cup medal for comfort.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
An icon for most, but i personally dont like him, i think he's overrated, great footballer but not world class.
think in that interview after the chelsea game sums him up, bitter. He knows he's never going to win a league title, and i think deep down he knows he's going to sit in his retirement chair and regret not leaving liverpool for a club that could win trophies.

Its not completely his fault i don't like him as a person, its mainly the medias fault for making him there darling golden boy, just like liverpool are.
they know there in the final weeks of wan**ing over him, so there going to be doing a lot of it.

rip stevie g

He played for England 114 times.
When fans deride "kissing the badge" and slag players off as just in it for the money, he stands out as a loyal, one club footballer.
Mourinho tried to sign him at the world class clubs of Inter Milan, Real Madrid and Chelsea.
I think that make him world class.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
He has been consistently bossing games from midfield for over a decade, i am sure he could have walked into most teams when he was in his prime.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Steven Gerrard decent player who never achieved world class status. zero Prem winners medals and 0 Trophy wins for England. He will be remembered for slipping over and for not leaving Liverpool and winning trophies elsewhere.

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
I know i know, hes one of englands great players and he's the last of our 1 club players.
on papper i should love him, but i just don't like him. When he's being interviewed i just cring. I can't say why , i just don't like him, one of those things i quess.
hope he don't loose to much sleep over it

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
Steven Gerrard decent player who never achieved world class status. zero Prem winners medals and 0 Trophy wins for England. He will be remembered for slipping over and for not leaving Liverpool and winning trophies elsewhere.
A

Yep , you se what i se:thumbsup:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
He played for England 114 times.
When fans deride "kissing the badge" and slag players off as just in it for the money, he stands out as a loyal, one club footballer.
Mourinho tried to sign him at the world class clubs of Inter Milan, Real Madrid and Chelsea.
I think that make him world class.

Sensible post.
Perhaps the opinions of his fellow professionals should be taken into account, players like Zidane, rather than some armchair critics.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Honours wise he's on a par with many many footballer including Paul Lambert. Would you say Lambert is world class?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Sensible post.
Perhaps the opinions of his fellow professionals should be taken into account, players like Zidane, rather than some armchair critics.

Didn't ZZ also say Qatar is the best place for the 2022 World Cup though?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yep, does that diminish his knowledge on a fellow professional midfielder who he has played against.

I would say it questions his judgement.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
A great footballer, a credit to the game, to his club and his city. Wish him the best of luck winding down the last couple of years of his career in America - my only regret is that he decided to do that in America, rather than dropping down a division or two. I'm sure his family could have had a wonderful couple of years in Sussex ..............

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here