Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Albion Roar - Cricket Special with Zac Toumazi

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Yes.

What does he think about the talk of a franchise for the 20/20 mode of the game, and does he think the 18 counties will still be surviving in their present form in 10 years time ?

Also, is Cricket preparing for the shelving/reduction of the the 4/5 day game in the long term ?

There's much more I'd like to ask, but I'll let someone else have a go.

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
Yes.

What does he think about the talk of a franchise for the 20/20 mode of the game, and does he think the 18 counties will still be surviving in their present form in 10 years time ?

Also, is Cricket preparing for the shelving/reduction of the the 4/5 day game in the long term ?

There's much more I'd like to ask, but I'll let someone else have a go.

Knock yourself out !!

They are all good points

Its just been confirmed that Jimmy Anyon will be joining Zac

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Excellent guest

Will they ever open up the top of the Gilligan Stand as I can't imagine many seats have sold and you could always corden off a section.

If Matt Priors injury is long term will we be able to negotiate his contract to enable us to sign another player (I would rather he plays)

20/20 has made the Cromwell Road end too plastic chaired - can we get more deckchairs (sorry he must be asked this a lot)

Who does he think is our best player and what his favourite thing about the county ground.

I hope the new offices don't ruin the ground but hey ho thats progress and money streams (bit like 20/20 crowds and beer sales)

Big thanks to Zak - he's doing a great job, lets hope we push for another championship and keep the club in profit. (Is all the Spen Cama money now spent).

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Excellent guest

Will they ever open up the top of the Gilligan Stand as I can't imagine many seats have sold and you could always corden off a section.

If Matt Priors injury is long term will we be able to negotiate his contract to enable us to sign another player (I would rather he plays)

20/20 has made the Cromwell Road end too plastic chaired - can we get more deckchairs (sorry he must be asked this a lot)

Who does he think is our best player and what his favourite thing about the county ground.

I hope the new offices don't ruin the ground but hey ho thats progress and money streams (bit like 20/20 crowds and beer sales)

Big thanks to Zak - he's doing a great job, lets hope we push for another championship and keep the club in profit. (Is all the Spen Cama money now spent).

I discussed some of these questions with Ady just yesterday in the blistering sun at Hove, back when our season was still alive. So yes indeed please ask about the Gilligan or what ever it is called these days and more deck chairs.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Could you ask him how Sussex manage to compete at a high level, providing players to the national team, stay in profit and still manage to not rip off their members. Then let Paul Barber know!

Oh and can the budget stretch to hiring a top class batting coach.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Can we bring back the giant eggs?

Can they give fans the chance to face some of the Sussex bowlers on a strip during the interval or a catching competition?

Would they allow REMF to play a cricket match at the ground post-season?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Does he think Sussex made a mistake not signing another batsman following RHB's retirement and the long-term injury to Matty Prior?

Is he negotiating for an overseas player later this season when the Goff becomes English?

(and one that has been raised at local club level). There's been some concerns raised that SCCC is not doing enough with local clubs. In some instances, clubs feel they're ignored by SCCC and in others, clubs would prefer to go their own way without county support. Does he think SCCC should be doing more to work with local clubs or is he happy with the current way of working?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
...ask him if he thinks that with yorkshire having so many really talented young players that England seem so keen on poaching to play for the national side, does that mean that the counties that have less talented players stand a better chance of winning the county championship?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
...ask him if he thinks that with yorkshire having so many really talented young players that England seem so keen on poaching to play for the national side, does that mean that the counties that have less talented players stand a better chance of winning the county championship?

Ballance and Root and..?

The England side seems to be a more eclectic mix than ever before.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
(and one that has been raised at local club level). There's been some concerns raised that SCCC is not doing enough with local clubs. In some instances, clubs feel they're ignored by SCCC and in others, clubs would prefer to go their own way without county support. Does he think SCCC should be doing more to work with local clubs or is he happy with the current way of working?
This is a topical issue. SCCC are very aware of their responsibilities and opportunities regarding the wider game in Sussex. There is currently an unprecedented level of activity targeting improved relationships and pursuit of a shared goal to inspire passion for cricket in Sussex.

Much of the required work is still at the planning stage but it is exciting nonetheless and Zac would be very happy to have an opportunity to talk about the new structure.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
This is a topical issue. SCCC are very aware of their responsibilities and opportunities regarding the wider game in Sussex. There is currently an unprecedented level of activity targeting improved relationships and pursuit of a shared goal to inspire passion for cricket in Sussex.

Much of the required work is still at the planning stage but it is exciting nonetheless and Zac would be very happy to have an opportunity to talk about the new structure.

That should be worth hearing.

As a follow-up, could the club be doing more to attract kids to the game? My son's school doesn't play any cricket and with no cricket on terrestrial TV any more, how are 6,7,8 year-olds going to find out about the game? If it's not done at school, it can only be done at club level - either local or SCCC. Could more be done?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Ballance and Root and..?

The England side seems to be a more eclectic mix than ever before.

Ballance, Mark Wood, Adam Lyth, Adil Rashid, Jonny Bairstow, Liam Plunkett and Joe Root...all in the first draft for the windies tour

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
How do we dare try and compete against the mighty Slurrey, Lancashire the real champions of England, and the opinion that is Yorkshire?

Does he think that we punch above our weight?

Will we continue to use out grounds or is everything likely to be concentrated at Hove?

Is the club financially sustainable?

What is his opinion of international players disappearing to Team England and never playing county cricket again (potentially Jordan this year if he holds his England place, and Prior up until this season). Is it worth developing Test standard players if they don't play for us, and is it better to have a team of players slightly below Test standard who do play a full season for us?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
A few more (i could go on all day)

Why did the club remove the message board from the website? Why is it afraid of what its supporters will say?

Is the club campaigning to bring back some cricket on terrestrial TV?
Will cricket ever return to Eastbourne - or has that gone the way of Hastings and Worthing?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Does he think that with Robbo actively pursuing the England coaching role, there's a chance he may lose some focus on Sussex?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here