Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are labour voters the worst losers in the history of the world?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I am struggling to think of a more bitter set of people. They are making Fergie, Mourinho and Nigel Adkins look gracious.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Probably no more than Tory supporters are self centred, WUM bad winners. Politics brings out the worst in people as your gloating, trolling thread shows.

I'm guessing that's the NSC version of what's known as "subtweeting" :clap:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Probably no more than Tory supporters are self centred, WUM bad winners. Politics brings out the worst in people as your gloating, trolling thread shows.

That is what I should have written. Well expressed.

If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
C'mon you tories. You won, you're not some kind of oppressed minority. Last I saw you got most votes and most seats - not directly correlated and less than the 40% you want unions to get, but most nonetheless

Have the courage of your convictions and laugh it off

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Tell me about it.
In my office on Friday it was all doom and gloom from all the reds in our office.
They took it very personally when I said I`d voted Tory for the first time.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I am struggling to think of a more bitter set of people. They are making Fergie, Mourinho and Nigel Adkins look gracious.

You do realise that politics is real life don't you, not football? I am very very sad and very bitter about the result. It's not like chin up, there's another game next week - This is about how the country is being run and how we care for (or don't as the case is) our most vulnerable. It is not about being gracious, it's about what caring about what you believe in. Seeing how many tories are celebrating by poking fun at Milliband et al, tells you all you need to know about how them and their beliefs....

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
If you look at the share of the population, only a quarter of those eligible to vote, voted for the new government and so 75% of the UK, did not vote for the Tories or their policies.

I don't think you can point the finger carte blanche at Labour voters - I think a majority of the country is bitter!

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Funnily enough, I saw this, just before I saw this thread. Maybe some Tory supporters are following the lead from some Tory MP's.

Attachments

• 11143363_10152870888356305_1882647547552255093_n.jpg
    11143363_10152870888356305_1882647547552255093_n.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 1,594

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
This was losing impetus and some more considered responses from you guys were weakening this thread, then WHAM in comes mikeyjh and supaphil to save the day ...... continue

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
tories get less that 35% of the vote ............................yet we have another 5 years

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
If you look at the share of the population, only a quarter of those eligible to vote, voted for the new government and so 75% of the UK, did not vote for the Tories or their policies.

I don't think you can point the finger carte blanche at Labour voters - I think a majority of the country is bitter!

All very well saying 75% of the UK did not vote for a Tory Government which although may be strictly true, the overall turnout was 66.1%, which in my mind means 33.9% of the electorate don't really have much right to protest at the outcome.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

You appear surprised at what maths would suggest would be the expected outcome.

Mathematically, the country is divided on a roughly 50/50 split between those who want to go more right (Con, UKIP, DUP) and those who want to go more left (Lab, LD, SNP, PC, SDLP, Green). The result of the election has not changed this fact. It just means that one 50% has got what it wants and is, apparently, now expecting the rest of us to be pleased.

If you drill down through the numbers, it would seem that 36.9% of the electorate have got the government they want. This would mean that 62.1% have not. Actually only 36.9% of the 66.1% who voted got what they wanted, this equates to only 24.41% of the country wanting a conservative government. This means that over 75% of us didn't vote for them, but have got them.

Looking at the situation reasonably, you would not expect three quarters of the country to change their minds about what they think is best for the nation just because the other quarter forms a larger single block. I haven't seen anyone question the validity of the result, just annoyance and regret that the result is going to lead to things that they don't agree with.

If you want a football analogy, you are expecting that, following the play off semi defeat, we all not only accept Palace's victory, but also all give up supporting Brighton and join them.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Yes, maths failure on my part - the point still stands though, if 65% of people had voted for a single party the Tories wouldn't be in Government.

The fact of the matter is that they didn't.

I also happen to think that the current system of voting is flawed on account of how the constituencies do not have a consistent number of voters in them.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here