Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's Monday it's 6:30am and the trains .......

D

Deleted User X18H

..are screwed

Not much or nothing going north.

Signal fault at Balshi sorry Balcombe .

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Points failure apparently....just waited 30 mins, only one train from Brighton though and that stopped at H Heath. Going home for breakfast and will try again a bit later. Maybe.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Got to Brighton station about 6.05 as usual, got my coffee, looked at the departure boards, came home. WFH for me today.

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
At least for once it's in the morning so gives me the chance to wfh. Usually these sort of things happen in the evening and make me very late home. Hope it's not too bad for those that don't have the wfh option.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Almost worth re-nationalising the rail operators and Railtrack, it would save paying French and German companies millions every year in subsidies and if we had a unified ( British Rail ) system it would simplify ticketing for commuters too.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Southern really take the p*** with a capital P . No trains out of Brighton until 6.30. Get on a jam packed train to LB only for the C**** to terminate it at East Croydon so as to minimise disruptions. Dont give a toss to passengers just their operating costs and saving money by running the train back from EC so as not to make it late and get fined

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Southern really take the p*** with a capital P . No trains out of Brighton until 6.30. Get on a jam packed train to LB only for the C**** to terminate it at East Croydon so as to minimise disruptions. Dont give a toss to passengers just their operating costs and saving money by running the train back from EC so as not to make it late and get fined

Mostly its not Southern's fault, most delays are caused by points and signal failures and over running engineering work, which is Railtracks fault. Also Southern can't be blamed for the sadly awful amount of " jumpers " these days.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Renationalise it and get the head of Swiss railways in to run it.
Give companies tax breaks for making people home workers.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Mostly its not Southern's fault, most delays are caused by points and signal failures and over running engineering work, which is Railtracks fault. Also Southern can't be blamed for the sadly awful amount of " jumpers " these days.

So why terminate a jammed packed train at East Croydon, just to justify their timetable and save money . Thats not providing a service so i do blame them .

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I agree with [MENTION=310]ditchy[/MENTION]

Whilst many of the initial problems are not Southern fault, their response to problems is generally appalling. Especially when it comes to Customer Service and information. Even simple things like explaining what is wrong. I asked two different Southern members of staff what the problem was this morning and got different answers from both (1 said points, 1 said signals). And as for asking for information on when trains might be going where, don't even bother.......

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Renationalise it and get the head of Swiss railways in to run it.
Give companies tax breaks for making people home workers.

Careful, that would be a very Green way to react.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Whilst many of the initial problems are not Southern fault, their response to problems is generally appalling. Especially when it comes to Customer Service and information. Even simple things like explaining what is wrong. I asked two different Southern members of staff what the problem was this morning and got different answers from both (1 said points, 1 said signals). And as for asking for information on when trains might be going where, don't even bother.......

This. It Would be far more tolerable if there was useful information. I was on the platform at 6am with no idea what trains were coming up the line - no useful announcements and various websites/apps not being updated

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton

To be fair, both answers are true. The points have failed meaning the signals are stuck on red. Either works as an explanation and either way it's down to Network Rail.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

If the poor souls jumping are commuters, then Southern probably DO share some of the blame, for the build up of stress that caused them to do it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here