Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Step forward Andy Burnham, British prime minister in May 2020

The perfect man to make mincemeat of the Cameron/Buffoon Boris reign of incompetence and elitist spite over the next five years.

The NHS will be the No1 issue for the British public and there is not a man in Parliament better equipped and with more passion to lead the fight to save Britain's best loved institution.

Andy will sail through the Labour leadership campaign given all the Tony Blair soundalikes will end up acheiving backing from the Tory press but from sod all else.

Best footballer in Parliament too so shitty rags like the Sun are going to have to think up new lines other than too geeky, too nerdy etc

To my fellow NSC lefties, we've had a few days licking our wounds but enough of that - the fightback starts now and we never give up!!!

The days of the NHS privatising, fox hunt restoring, human rights abolishing shower are numbered :thumbsup:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm not sure the backing of the Tory press would inspire me.

Then again, it is they and big business that run the country after all.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
He stood in 2010 and came 4th. What has changed?

Don't get me wrong, I like the guy but I don't think he's leadership material.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Burnham is going to take the Kinnock role of reshaping the party, which loses honourably to Boris in 2020

Then Dan Jarvis comes in to sweep to a glorious victory in 2025.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I backed him in 2010. However let's see who stands this time.

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
The perfect man to make mincemeat of the Cameron/Buffoon Boris reign of incompetence and elitist spite over the next five years.

The NHS will be the No1 issue for the British public and there is not a man in Parliament better equipped and with more passion to lead the fight to save Britain's best loved institution.

Andy will sail through the Labour leadership campaign given all the Tony Blair soundalikes will end up acheiving backing from the Tory press but from sod all else.

Best footballer in Parliament too so shitty rags like the Sun are going to have to think up new lines other than too geeky, too nerdy etc

To my fellow NSC lefties, we've had a few days licking our wounds but enough of that - the fightback starts now and we never give up!!!

The days of the NHS privatising, fox hunt restoring, human rights abolishing shower are numbered :thumbsup:

That's all well and good, but..does he have a nice kitchen? Can he eat a bacon sandwich?

Seriously, who would want to go through the dogs abuse dealt to Miliband during his leadership?

If you watched Andrew Marr Sunday. You saw the next future Labour puppet alongside his master. Peter Mandelson and his smug grin with Chukka Ummuna. The BBC creaming themselves already with the thought of a black labour leader. It looks like labour going back to the Blair years.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
If you watched Andrew Marr Sunday. You saw the next future Labour puppet alongside his master. Peter Mandelson and his smug grin with Chukka Ummuna. The BBC creaming themselves already with the thought of a black labour leader. It looks like labour going back to the Blair years.

Which would mean they would be electable. However, the next Labour Government without a fundamental commitment for PR (without the need for a referendum) is a waste of time. We must have a representative democracy in this country, not this shambles we have at the moment. We are the laughing stock of the world.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I appreciate we are by definition of following a local team a tribal lot, but it does amaze me that every thread goes into a "your lot are more shit than my lot".

Perhaps the quality of the post reflects the intellect of the poster?

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009

They may be, however I would wager he is unlikely to win back working class voters, particularly in places like Scotland.

He may want to push his humble Streatham roots story, however his grandfather was Sir Milmo Helenus, who know doubt helped get Chukka educated at St Dunstans which no doubt helped him get his job as a lawyer in the City.

Given his grandfathers involvement in WW2 (a judge at the Nuremberg trial) I'm surprised Marr didn't raise this given yesterday's 70th anniversary.........

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth

image.jpg

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
In Andy Burnham's favour is that previous cabinet experience, has a mix of backgrounds (union supported but also public school educated) pushed for the Hillsborough commission that ununcovered the truth. Coherent policy on linking health and social care. Has television presence

Against - was health secretary at time of the mid staffs errors, former spad with no real life background

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
In Andy Burnham's favour is that previous cabinet experience, has a mix of backgrounds (union supported but also public school educated) pushed for the Hillsborough commission that ununcovered the truth. Coherent policy on linking health and social care. Has television presence

Against - was health secretary at time of the mid staffs errors, former spad with no real life background

I didn't think he went to a public school?

Also, he was Health Secretary when mid staffs blew up... not necessarily while it was brewing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here