Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alan Dunne among 18 Millwall players released

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
"Long-serving defender Alan Dunne is one of 18 players released by Millwall boss Neil Harris following their relegation from the Championship.

Dunne, 32, came through the south London club's academy and made a total of 388 appearances for the Lions, scoring 23 goals.

Carlos Edwards, Ricardo Fuller, Danny Shittu and Martyn Woolford are among the 17 other players leaving The Den.

Harris will offer new deals to Jimmy Abdou and John Marquis."

Should keep them down in the lower leagues for awhile!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I was surprised by releasing Martyn Woolford, he's a decent and solid player. He's left footed as well, which adds balance. I'd keep him in mind as a cheap option to add depth to the midfield, although I think everyone would agree it's out strongest position on the pitch.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
Some of them should of gone years ago. The only player Brighton should look at is Magaye Gueye.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I used to rate Carlos Edwards when he was at Luton but that's a good few years ago now.

Think I'll pass on that lot.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I was surprised by releasing Martyn Woolford, he's a decent and solid player. He's left footed as well, which adds balance. I'd keep him in mind as a cheap option to add depth to the midfield, although I think everyone would agree it's out strongest position on the pitch.

Was just about to post exactly this, I've always liked Woolford, always seems to play well against us, both for Millwall, and Bristol City before that. Unfortunately he plays in the one position, (left midfield), where we are comparitively well off for players.

l know Leeds United were interested in him before, and could well be again.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Was just about to post exactly this, I've always liked Woolford, always seems to play well against us, both for Millwall, and Bristol City before that. Unfortunately he plays in the one position, (left midfield), where we are comparitively well off for players.

l know Leeds United were interested in him before, and could well be again.

I dont agree we are well off for central midfielders but sadly lacking a decent left sided midfielder, which has proved to be noticable this season.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

He may well be left footed but he can't kick with either

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here