Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I Blubbed today at the Cenotaph along with many around me

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
I blubbed today at the Cenotaph along with many around me. The quiet dignity of the old soldiers passing the cenotaph was a privilege to watch. Here's some of my pics from the day.

3.jpg
10.jpg
13.jpg
19.jpg
20.jpg

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Superb. Reminds me of both my Grandads who were amongst the brave soldiers & are no longer with us :thumbsup:

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I spent yesterday in Brighton, sitting with my 98-year-old grandfather who served throughout WW2 (including having a role in the planning of D-Day). Speaking to him, and hearing his memories of that time very nearly reduced me to tears. I couldn't be more proud of what he and every other veteran (both still with us and not) sacrificed so that we could cast our democratic vote on Thursday.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
i watched some of the Service yesterday morning. It was good to see the veterans displaying their medals. Mind you, I was slightly amused to see Priince Edward wearing more medals than any of them!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Attended my local church service for VE.
Was annoyed I had to remind the bad staff of my local on Thursday that there was a 3pm silence, the. Had to remind them again at 3pm, eventually they rang the bell. A few drinkers looked up confused, I said it's VE Day, they mumbled, most of the ignorant office types on a long lunch, most continuing their conversations. Ignorant ********s.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I think you gave me a thumbs down by accident [MENTION=1694]shingle[/MENTION] :lol:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Attended my local church service for VE.
Was annoyed I had to remind the bad staff of my local on Thursday that there was a 3pm silence, the. Had to remind them again at 3pm, eventually they rang the bell. A few drinkers looked up confused, I said it's VE Day, they mumbled, most of the ignorant office types on a long lunch, most continuing their conversations. Ignorant ********s.
So on another thread you shrug off people defacing war memorials as " extreme measures for extreme times" and then expect people to believe you went to church for a VE Day service and made yourself busy in your local reminding the staff about a minutes silence , course you did ........... :tosser:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here