Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

While we are interested in Joe Garner!!

Dec 29, 2011
Not what they need IMO. At least get players who would help in a Championship promotion battle should the worst happen.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
It looks like they are going the Portsmouth/QPR route, rather than the Swansea/Southampton way of doing things if there is any truth in that article.

We all know how that ends (or should end, in the case of QPR)

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
If we had just got promoted to the Premier League then we could be looking at strikers like Berbatov but, as we narrowly avoided relegation into League One, we have to look at strikers like Garner.

Honestly, some people should realise that players don't see us as the massive club some of our fans think we are.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Plus side is it may mean that they might then be open to offers on Kermorgant and Ritchie, wouldn't mind if either moved eastwards along the coast.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
If we had just got promoted to the Premier League then we could be looking at strikers like Berbatov but, as we narrowly avoided relegation into League One, we have to look at strikers like Garner.

Honestly, some people should realise that players don't see us as the massive club some of our fans think we are.
Could never see us sign an oldie like Berbatov on £100k a week financial suicide if you get relegated.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Pointless thread. For starters Berbatov's about 48 years old and if we were (we're not) in the Premier League we'd probably looking at more spritely and better looking young has-beens like Gianluca Vialli and The White Feather, aka Fabrizio Ravanelli.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Could never see us sign an oldie like Berbatov on £100k a week financial suicide if you get relegated.

The point I was trying to make is that we cannot hope to bring in that calibre of player (whatever their wage demands) because we have not just got promoted to the PL.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
The point I was trying to make is that we cannot hope to bring in that calibre of player (whatever their wage demands) because we have not just got promoted to the PL.

So you're saying that we haven't been promoted to The Premier League but Bournemouth have?

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
We should be looking in Bulgaria for the next Berbatov.

Is 'in' the correct word to use there BG? Sounds a bit odd to be looking 'in' Bulgaria for the next BHA Berbatov. I'd look 'in' a box maybe. All that said, I can't think of a better alternative, so maybe you are right to use 'in'

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've already looked in Bulgaria and there's not much doing.

As per the JE-T thread:-

Hungary
Serbia
Czech Rep
&
Croatia

is we're we should be shopping.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton

Spot on!!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here