PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I like your thinking. Something for long suffering Albion fans who are Premiership ready but the club declines to meet those needs on the pitch!

What do you reckon £30 million should do it. Lets not be greedy

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Goes to charity I thought.

Not much will go to charity if QPR are allowed to get away with the £60M they wrote off in the accounts and the Football League says it is allowable.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Can somebody explain a logical reason for it going to charity not evenly distributed amongst all compliant league clubs.

The Premier League were going to pull the plug in the "solidarity" (joke) payments if it went to the other clubs. They want to keep the football league and premier league miles apart on income.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Can somebody explain a logical reason for it going to charity not evenly distributed amongst all compliant league clubs.

It was the only way for the fines to be levied. The Premier League decided it was unfair to reward compliant clubs in The Championship if the fines were imposed on promoted/relegated clubs hence the compromise the Football League was forced into.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The Premier League were going to pull the plug in the "solidarity" (joke) payments if it went to the other clubs. They want to keep the football league and premier league miles apart on income.

So who decides which charity receive a share is it the clubs or the league management committee.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
So who decides which charity receive a share is it the clubs or the league management committee.

The Charity is 'Richard Scudamore's beer fund'.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
We'll have got a slice of QPR's parachute payments for this season, and get a slice of Norwich's parachutes if they get promoted.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS

I sent an e-mail to the Football League a few weeks back asking them which charities would be benefitting from the fines imposed.

Guess what, they said that they wouldn't decide until after the fines had been imposed. So I wouldn't hold your breath on that one.

As soon as I can find out who's been fined and for how much, I'll be e-mailing them again. I'll be very interested in what they say and I'm not going to go away quietly!

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
So why do we comply? Say Bournemouth did exceed this season with the money gained in the Premier League and parachute payments thereafter there is no detriment to breaking FFP! Or am I missing something?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here