Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
Joe 'The Goal' Gormley.

172 goals in 194 games in last 5 years.
Only 24.
We could afford him.
Ready made nickname.
Suspect he would have got more goals than our entire strike force if he had played for us last season.
What's not to like.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Impressive stats but there's a vast amount of difference in quality between being a semi-professional in the NIFL Premiership and the Championship. Some players have taken the leap successfully, so worth a look but interesting that a Scottish Club hasn't yet gone after him.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Impressive stats but there's a vast amount of difference in quality between being a semi-professional in the NIFL Premiership and the Championship.

Shirley couldn't be any worse than what we had last season. (Bent excluded)

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Shirley couldn't be any worse than what we had last season. (Bent excluded)
Is the right answer.
This summer's first NSC recommendation that hasn't received a :yawn: From me.

Get this kind of fella in, pay him a good wage, not an English footballers wage.
Supplement that with an impressive win, goal and promotion bonus package and as said, it cant be any worse.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Nobody here will like it -- Indicative of insufficient ambition.
Not expensive enough, either.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Nobody here will like it -- Indicative of insufficient ambition.
Not expensive enough, either.
I don't see that at all.
Barring the 'loyal supporting Gillingham season ticket holders' who oddly seem to hate everything Albion, now is the perfect time for a 'left field' move.

After last season I'd rather the club made one statement signing and supplemented that with a string of 'gambles' on players that will be desperate to be the next Ulloa.
Shirley that has to be better than paying over the odds for half a dozen players with Championship and league 1 pedigree.

As said 'it can't be any worse than last year', can it?

Last edited:

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
I don't see that at all.
Barring the 'loyal supporting Gillingham season ticket holders' who oddly seem to hate everything Albion now is the perfect time for a 'left field' move.

After last season I'd rather the club made one statement signing and supplemented that with a string of 'gambles' on players that will be desperate to be the next Ulloa.
Shirley that has to be better than paying over the odds for half a dozen players with Championship and league 1 pedigree.

As said 'it can't be any worse than last year', can it?

Stop spouting sense! 😉

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Shirley that has to be better than paying over the odds for half a dozen players with Championship and league 1 pedigree. it?

We're supposed to be paying over the odds for half a dozen players with Championship and EPL pedigrees.
We're spending TB's money for him, after all.

I saw at least one post with a shopping list of 11 -- eleven! -- players/positions that needed to be bought/filled, now!

With experienced, proven, injury-free players from the top two English leagues.
And no loanees.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Whatever you say about the goalkeeping, or the defending, the bloke sticks the ball in the net and if you watch that video you'll see they're actually pretty decent finishes. A mixture of instinctive flicks and clinical dispatching of the ball from foot to net. I like that.

He'll go to Bournemouth and score 40, before moving to Barcelona and inheriting the number 10 shirt from Lionel Messi more likely than coming here.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We're supposed to be paying over the odds for half a dozen players with Championship and EPL pedigrees.
We're spending TB's money for him, after all.

I saw at least one post with a shopping list of 11 -- eleven -- players/positions that needed to be bought/filled, now!

With experienced, proven, injury-free players from the top two English leagues.
And no loanees.
I just don't understand why anybody (NSC) would spend someone else's money in such a boring fashion.

Joe Garner or Joe The Goal.
Jay Emanuel-Thomas or Denjan Radonjic
Adam Le Fondre or Patrick Friday Eze

A front 3 of Denjan, Paddy, and The Goal would be delicious.
Joe, Jay and Adam, more of the same snoozeville and it'll cost the club £45k a week more.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Whatever you say about the goalkeeping, or the defending, the bloke sticks the ball in the net and if you watch that video you'll see they're actually pretty decent finishes. A mixture of instinctive flicks and clinical dispatching of the ball from foot to net. I like that.

He'll go to Bournemouth and score 40, before moving to Barcelona and inheriting the number 10 shirt from Lionel Messi more likely than coming here.

He's worth a punt considering I doubt he'd cost much, but it would be a learning curve from having that much time and space and probably several chances a game to playing for us in the Championship.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here