Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Advice for 30th anniversary please,

French Seagull

Jul 30, 2014
France

Thinking of staying a couple of nights at the East Sussex National, Uckfield - any views.

Hope to visit perhaps Sheffield park, we enjoy a walk / gardens, end of May is not the best time for gardens I guess!

Any views / other ideas to keep the wife happy?

Thanks,

(coming from Devon, also the visit to family in Sussex)

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Thinking of staying a couple of nights at the East Sussex National, Uckfield - any views.

Countryside and a golf course mainly.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Hope to visit perhaps Sheffield park, we enjoy a walk / gardens, end of May is not the best time for gardens I guess!

Thanks,

If you like Sheffield Park , can recommend staying at the Griffin Inn in Fletching.
Gorgeous food, terrific views, some great rooms (if you can get in)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Wow. 30 years. Congratulations. What's tips have you got for lasting so long?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Thanks,

Well done, 5 more than us as 25th wedding anniversary this year

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Well done you!

Any one else know of the East Sussex National?

(we will not be doing the golf!)

As a golf course fine, as a hotel soulless imo, unless it's changed in last 2 years. I think you could find much nicer country hotels ... Ashdown Park not too far away might be worth a recce

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Well done you!

Any one else know of the East Sussex National?

(we will not be doing the golf!)

My brother used to be the Restaurant Manager there and my now ex-wife ( we didn't make 30 years ! ) worked there as well. It's OK, a little bit modern for my liking. You might be better looking at Ockenden Manor type places - nice old place with open fires, decent restaurant, good walks and Borde Hill Gardens near by.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Congratulations.....it's our 25th this year and similarly looking for something to do. Might go a bit left field - looking at something like a 'big cat' experience at Howletts or Longleat for example (cue obvious jokes..........)

As regards East Sussex National, it's pretty good (even if you don't play golf). It's newish, so all modern. Restaurant is very good. Bear in mind the spa gets exceptionally busy (popular with things like hen parties and the like) so book any treatments well in advance - if you wait until you arrive there won't be any available.

We had a night at Alexander House for our last anniversary - fabulous place, but for the (very high) cost the service was below par. Spa was good though and rooms superb. As stated above, Ockenden Manor in Cuckfield is lovely with a fabulous restaurant.

French Seagull

Jul 30, 2014
France
Congratulations.....it's our 25th this year and similarly looking for something to do. Might go a bit left field - looking at something like a 'big cat' experience at Howletts or Longleat for example (cue obvious jokes..........)

As regards East Sussex National, it's pretty good (even if you don't play golf). It's newish, so all modern. Restaurant is very good. Bear in mind the spa gets exceptionally busy (popular with things like hen parties and the like) so book any treatments well in advance - if you wait until you arrive there won't be any available.

We had a night at Alexander House for our last anniversary - fabulous place, but for the (very high) cost the service was below par. Spa was good though and rooms superb. As stated above, Ockenden Manor in Cuckfield is lovely with a fabulous restaurant.

Thanks for the advice, enjoy your 25th,

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Our 50th is in June. Went to New York for our 30th and the first wife knew of it was when Classic FM played a request I had arranged for her on the way to Heathrow and told her where she was going.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here